1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Ivory Norwind, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't find a forum for this skill then i write here.
    I need help because i'm stuck at 90.9 and i gain nomore points.
    I've made energy bolt until 90.9, now i make flame strike but nothing. I'm totally stuck.
    Some suggestion, please?
    Thanks

2. paralyzed

paralyzed Guest

if i remember right i just did 8th level spells all the way to 100, jsut slows down....., alot as you gain in skill, (as with most skills) stick with it, it is going to start taking alot more scrolls for points than it did before, but that 100 sure looks nice in the skill menu.

ive also hearda bout making spellbooks in the 90's, i think 95+ to gain aswell, maybe try that in between some scrolls to break up the gains?

just going by what i remember diong, hope it helps

3. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually, Inscription is in the SPellcaster forum. But to answer your question,your not going to gain on making ebolt scrolls because your success rate on those is at 89%. Once in the 90's range, you really need to make a mix of 7th and 8th circle scrolls.

4. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, thanks to all. I've tried with flame strike but no gain. And i remember ( this is the third char to whom i've raised inscription, with energy bolt i gained, very slowly, points to raise inscription to 100. But maybe now it's changed somethings. Thanks again.
    Also for suggestion of the right forum :)

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

try vengefull spirit.. those sell very well to necro npcs

6. Teiwaz

Teiwaz Guest

Yes I recently GM'ed Inscripton myself on the LA shard about a week ago and I got better gains albiet slow from makeing spellbooks rather than spell scrolls ,just something for you to consider. :)

7. It's been a long time since I GM'd inscription but I recall that what I did was actually fill about 70 slayer spellbooks I had gotten in an auction. All levels but cranking out 6-12 scrolls of a certain level almost guaranteed me gains at some point ... even if GGS only.

8. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Inital costs are slightly higher to just make spellbooks (more scrolls used) but since you use no mana you can churn them out much faster so better chances at a gain.
    Also you have a chance at making a Superslayer Spellbook, selling just one of those will make back all the gold you spent out to get the blank scrolls initally.

I have made 4x scribe mages and I always found spellbooks are the way to go, have tried lich w/wisp and i still found myself waiting at times for mana regen when doing scrolls.