1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

installation woes, advice?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by concernedplayer, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Up until 6.0.8 I have patched just fine. After that I could never patch anymore, it always came up with the failed patch and "you may still be able to play" wording, on 3 different laptops. This was from an installation on a UO Gold cd.

After this, I downloaded the UO ML online installation (the uoml_setup.exe that is 779,750KB). This DOES patch all the way through the most current patch, however, when I try to run it, the uo client comes up for about 1 second then disappears.

The only way I've been able to get around this, is patching all the way to current with the uoml_setup.exe on a computer, that I install it but I can't play it ... and then I take the patched client.exe file and copy it to my 6.0.8 directory on a computer that won't patch, which works but I can't read any of the new properties on items.

What am I doing wrong?

other info ...

operating system: windows xp professional service pack 2
    directx 9.0c

Anyone else with these problems or know how to fix it?

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

crap happens to me all the time. But since i havent logged on in like a month, i havent been too upset.

3. Sneaky

Sneaky Guest

Go into the patch folder in your UO program folder and delete any files you find in the patch folder, then re-run the patcher, usually works.

4. got it figured out, in case anyone wanted to know or had same problem

I hate playing with sound, in fact I didn't even have sound installed on my computer. its never been a problem but starting after patch 6.0.8, they must load some kind of song when you launch the client and if you don't have sound configured, it makes uo load for half a second then disappear. it can be fixed either by installing sound drivers, or deleting songs in the music directory.