1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Installing 2 instances of UO

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Jaqui, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Jaqui

Jaqui Guest

I play 2 different shards.But currently they are each set up on different laptops. I know theres a way to put 2 seperate instances on 1 computer. I have tried to put it in D Drive and it still freezes up. One instance i'm using a d/l of UOML from site, the other is a d/l from AOS disk. :confused:

2. HellaFarris

HellaFarris Guest

You can run two sessions of the EC concurrently from the same install no problem - I do it all the time.

3. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

This.

EC multi-instances quite well. Well, on appropriate hardware, of course.

(For the record, my machine: i7 950, 12GB DDR3-1600, 2x GTX295 cards...)

4. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just for clarification, why do you need two seperate installs of UO?

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I think he wants completely different standard settings for each shard. Certain things in options, when changed, affect the setup for all characters using that install of the client.

I think that it might have been possible back a year or two ago, but I don't think it is anymore, after they moved the shard/account/character settings to Documents & Settings.

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As long as your computer can handle it, go download your choice of a Virtual Machine (personally I use Microsoft's Virtual PC- yes, it's free). Install UO on the virtual machine and there you go.