1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Instructions for Tonight's Event - Liquor Lovers

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by EM Dudley, Sep 17, 2011.

1. EM Dudley

EM Dudley Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Tonight a Caravan of Couriers will transport craft liquors to various points throughout the realm.

You may choose to play 1 of 3 roles during this event.

Guards

Those that wish to protect the caravan and see the safe transport of these liquors should choose this role. You will be expected to keep the couriers healed as well as fend off any ambushes that occur along the way. If you manage to kill a "Mercenary" (these will be NPC mobs) make sure to loot the "hand" and return it to the Royal Guard Mailbox located in Serpent's Hold. A rune to this location has been added to the Luna EM area.

Thieves

Those that wish to try and steal the craft liquor barrels from the Couriers should choose this role. You will attempt to steal the liquor from the Liquor Couriers while dodging detection. Should you sucessfully steal a liquor barrel return it to the Von Trinsic Mailbox in Buc's Den located near the Assasin's Guild. A rune to this location has been added to the Luna EM area.

Marauders

Those that wish to try and kill the couriers should choose this role. You will attempt to kill the Liquor Couriers and loot their heads. Should you successfully loot the head of a liquor courier return it to the Mornwok Mailbox located in Vesper at Derrick Mornwok's estate. A rune to this location has been added to the Luna EM area.

2. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Re: Instructinos for Tonight's Event - Liquor Lovers

Whats the weight of the liquor barrels?

3. EM Dudley

Stratics Veteran

Re: Instructinos for Tonight's Event - Liquor Lovers

6 stones

4. georox

georox Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It was a bit of a letdown how many of the "thieves" just killed and looted for the barrels. Tonights event seemed to have really fallen apart with the issues.

5. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Dudley and Dross,

Thank you for another fun event! I enjoyed helping ease the liquor couriers heavy burden! :thumbup1:

*hangs up her nice new hood*

6. Lord Gareth

I had fun, got to swoop in on Gareth and kill all the Couriers as the entire Royal Guard Unit attempted to keep them alive but in the end, I claimed their heads!!!

:bowdown:

7. EM Dudley

Stratics Veteran

We're glad a few were still able to have some enjoyment despite the technical concerns.

As a lot of you are aware we are always trying new mechanics to keep the events fun an fresh. Stealing events are a terribly difficult dynamic to plan for, and sometimes we run into situations like tonight.

Again, we apologize for the glitches, and remember, Stay Toon'd!

8. Lord Gareth

Can we do this event again sometime and work through all the kinks? I really want to knock out some NPCs :fight:

9. georox

georox Sage

I would *love* to do it again, but I'd like more of a competitive chance :p Stealing 1 by 1 versus someone swooping in and just going "dead" isn't exactly fair :p Here's to hoping future events get some problems worked out! :)

10. Lord Gareth

Stole all six barrels here... well seven if you include the one I had to give back :-( but I did hear they were lootable as well. Would like to see that changed because the stealing was the best part.

11. EM Dudley

Stratics Veteran

We definitely will be revisiting this event, as I believe despite the glitches, people had fun.

Moving forward we won't be able to "die" as the marks. That would prevent the looting.

Rest assured we will be busy at our "drawing" boards bringing new stealing events to life!

12. georox

georox Sage

My issue with the looting is that from how it was explained, that wasn't the intended method... and having a bunch of people show up who didn't put the actual work/skill in to get the same reward makes it feel like I got on and tried for, well, nothing. Thieves already have it sort of poorly with insurance and the issue of stealable artifacts devaluing how they do, having us have a disadvantage on our own trade when it is the intended goal makes it seem, to me, that being a thief is a dead profession.

13. Lord Gareth

Oh I forgot....

One reason the invis spell was not effective is because I told my pets to "All follow" and then "All kill" so even if you went invis they would still follow and reveal you. Perhaps next time... I dont know how this works but set yourself to Golem stats? Since pets cannot attack Golems?