1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Insured Equipped Items

Discussion in 'UO Origin' started by Tina Small, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Please watch your equipped items very carefully. As I just posted in U.Hall, earlier tonight I noticed that my Origin tamer's Birds of Britannia talisman was NOT insured. Everything else she had equipped was fine. I don't know when the talisman became uninsured, but I am a bit concerned about it. I have no recollection of messing with insurance on her stuff, especially something that she never takes off her paperdoll. I don't want to blame the new insurance system that is now effective on Origin, because she hasn't died since that publish occured, but can it be hacked? Who knows. I don't really want to find out the hard way.

Please keep a close eye on your stuff and get familiar with the new system and send in feedback via the official UO site and perhaps also post it in U.Hall. I started a thread there yesterday but it's probably all the way onto the second or third page by now because no one seems to care that we're getting a drastically new insurance system.

Sorry I sound like such a grouch...........just kind of worried at the moment.

2. Thanks for the heads up, Tina. The new insurance systems is quite different and it is good advise to get to know it better.

One thing I did notice also was that some of my equipped items did not go back on my body after I died and retrieved them from my corpse. It went straight into my pack. Usually this just happened with blessed items, but this time my boomstick, which is only insured, did not go back into my hand when I retrieved my body, nor did my tali.

Thanks again. Better to be safe than sorry.

3. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

I remembered this morning that I had a couple of close encounters of the PvP sort in Fel with that character last week. I can't remember when, if ever, I PvPed with that particular character prior to that. Probably never.

I'll be sending the relevant details of those encounters to EA to investigate if anything fishy happened at the time.

The talisman is slime dyed and I don't think it's been off the character's paperdoll since the date I acquired it other than the day I slime dyed it and the times she's died. Maybe its unique color might make it possible for EA to trace back to when it became uninsured and determine how it happened.

4. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Thanks for the warning, Tina. I'll take a closer look at the insurance status for my chars on Origin.

-OBSIDIAN-

6. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have a ring that I know was insured but, for some reason it stayed on my body after i died and since it is part of my LRC total I was not able to cast any spells until I retreived it. With the new insurance system it is easy to see if something is not insured. Also Just because it shows that the object is insured doesn't mean it is insured for you. If you retreived an item from another of your characters or someone else. It best a best practice to uninsure it and reinsure it to make sure it is insured for you.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!