1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Int Potions

Discussion in 'UHall' started by o2bavr6, Apr 6, 2012.

1. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Always wondered why we don't have INT potions, like STR and DEX potions.

2. Krinkle

Krinkle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

No potions but there is a Balm of Wisdom. I think it is limited to all of the usual caps. There is also a Mana Draught. These items have harsh cooldowns and limitations.

3. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ya, I was just thinking about it in a simple way: Just add Int potions. I cant see why they never had them to begin with anyway. They could have the same or similar cool down times as GH's, or maybe a bit longer.

But just in a logical sense, what would be the reason they don't have them?

4. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There should be a similar forum to the bug tracking forum for unnecessary discrepancies in the game that should be ironed out.There are so many exceptions to the rules in this game it becomes very confusing for new and old players. You learn something new everyday in this game, I wouldn't say that's cool because most of the things you learn are unnecessary complications in the game.

5. Driven Insane

Because the Devs are inconsistent is my guess.

As the poster above me said, there are some many discrepencies in this game.

Off the top of my head, a few of the ones that irritate me:

Doom arti drop system not added to new systems.
    2 different questing systems/logs.
    Certain skills not able to be bought to 40 in NH.

6. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There is a definate problem here,

We can report bugs, however we can't report any discrepancies as they're technically not bugs, they're just bad or lazy or unorganised programming. Some would argue they are more annoying that bugs. I've about 100 things (all of which could be fixed in 5 mins) but nowhere to report them.

7. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

also there is the Fruit bowl item from cooks, gives ya a temp bless effect. its one way to get a INT bump

8. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Y'alls answers are much better than what I had...I was going with "cause no one was smart enough to make em?"
    :p

9. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

All the more reason to have them.... then they could drink em!

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There's also the small fish, that act as a refresh pot, a strength cast at GM eval, an agility cast at GM Eval, and a Cunning cast at GM eval, respectively. OF course, they really used to suck until recently.

I believe the reason once given for the lack of "Cunning" pots, when Strength & Agility were present, is that increased INT for a potion duration (especially if a "greater" version existed) would affect so many things (special moves, casting spells repeatedly, etc.) that they thought it would be unbalancing, compared to the other two items.

Frankly, that logic should have gone out the window with AoS.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  11. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Balm of Wisdom, +10 Int for one hour.

A standard consumable like str/dex pots would be over powering in the pvp dexer damage department of the game.

Ohh the things I could do with 150 mana dexer with 300 combat skill points...