1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting article- "EA's new motto: please pirate our..."

Discussion in 'UHall' started by BlissMarie, Jun 24, 2009.

1. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

2. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

saw it, was gonna post about it but I was laffing too hard.

3. Katlene

Katlene Guest

good to know... i err aquired the sims 3 looks like im missing heaps of stuff. but if its anything like the old sims you can just dl extras for the game anyway :heart: my rejuvination chamber.

4. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I really hate EA <_<

5. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oh noes. I have to buy games now.

6. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, no. I don't mind buying games. One major reason is what they're doing with The Sims 3. I bought the game and have to pay extra to get items that should already be in the game... lolwut?

7. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I like how they try to describe it as a solution to piracy rather than a blatant money grab even though it is probably just as easy to copy the data for anything that would be "bought" online and distribute that, as well as making private servers for playing the game online. All they're doing is forcing the average players to pay 10-20x as much as they would normally to get the whole game.

8. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They've done that since The Sims 2. Sims 1 was ok, but 2 sucked and on top of that they released over 20 expansion packs and some didn't even include new locations or anything, just item crack...
    It's lame, but nothing new.

9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Given a choice between Sims3, and Sims2 with all expansions, I'd recommend the Sims2 option.
    It's like if they created UO2, which still had all the charm of UO, but was better in pretty much every respect, but had a small fraction of the content and possibilities. Like, pre-T2A or something.

Although, in their credit, Sims 3 seems to be far more open at its core, than the previous installments.
    For example: http://aliceandkev.wordpress.com/

10. Sims 3 is more like they created a new free client program for some online game, and then charged for the expansion... Hmm, I'm thinking that somehow sounds familiar...