1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Article

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Katrena, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi, I just read an interesting article about scripting, gold and the economy of another well known game. Is it ok to post on Stratics the link to the article that is on Yahoo?

Thanks, Katrena

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Unfortunately, a link to that article would not be allowed. Even though it is on Yahoo, it would fall under this part of the the Stratics Rules of Conduct:

O. Activities that are against any games' Terms of Service or User Agreement are prohibited from being promoted or advertised on our network.

Since the article discusses scripting, it could be considered advertising since it could lead someone on the forums to attempt scripting themselves in that game. Even if it were allowed, something like that would be posted to the Off-Topic section, not Uhall since Uhall is for Ultima Online discussion only.

Thank you very much for asking before posting it though, it is appreciated :)

3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Yeah we wouldnt want a bunch of scripters playing UO.

Zynia, Flutter, Zalfein and 8 others like this.
  4. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Absolutely agree. If people see the article before you know it UO will be rife with scripters.

Flutter, Flagg and Lord Frodo like this.
  5. Captn Norrington

It's the opposite actually guys, The article is written about another game, not UO, so if the UO scripters saw it they might think "hey look a new target for me to leech from and destroy like I did to UO". Just because UO has to deal with them doesn't mean we have to drag other games down with us.

6. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

It really depends on the specific contents of the article. Either way, since it isn't about UO it would not belong in UHall.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  7. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Just post the link, god the mods have gone to crap since petra and Co left.

It'd only a fan based game forum...

Why so uptight...

8. Captn Norrington

It is not only a fan based game forum, the official developers are here and post as well, which means we must uphold the games terms of service which clearly states scripting and other things like it are not allowed. The situation was discussed with multiple people before I posted it, I am sorry you do not agree with it.

Please let this thread die in peace, it has served it's purpose and will only cause more drama. I do not want to lock it but if drama starts it will have to be done.

Zynia likes this.
  9. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

Now that you all got us teased, maybe at least provide some hints to google it up. As if there could be anything UO doesn't have for years.

10. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

post it on the scripters-r-us forum

11. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

WOW In the past other stories like this WERE ALLOWED on this site as long as the article did not tell HOW to do it. The new owners are taking this way overboard.

12. Captn Norrington

I know it used to be allowed, that's why I made sure to discuss it with other people before posting hehe :) I wasn't sure whether it still was allowed or not. Things change, back then glacial items were also illegal to sell on stratics, now they are legal, not all changes are bad.

It's just a link guys, this is getting blown out of proportion a bit, if you really want to know you can always contact the OP through private message.

CovenantX and Scribbles like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.