1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Idea: Siege CTF

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by archite666, Dec 31, 2008.

1. archite666

archite666 Guest

So anyone ever thought of having a capture the flag type pvp event? Like with two castles?

2. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

2 castles... 2 factions.... 1 sigal *the flag*

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

This would be so nice.. but will probably fall alongside Speedy's PvP tourney..

I am for it.

4. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Happy New Year Siege, You have a chance at a fresh start right now, You guys could actually follow through on some of these player run events. I read about them all the time yet I never see any of them goign through? whats up with that?!

ps. Their are places that have something similar to what your talking about Cash.

5. Public vent? Lets do it today...the 1st.

So Puffy can feel secure in knowing that events do happen here on Siege and can go back to WoW.

I would suggust not having it factions, for the 20minute timeout. Gonna lose players by the tens of thousands, ok so 2 of 5's same thing though :) I have a uncursed hat of the magi to donate to something like this...(stay away Rico) :spider:

6. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

meeb think on it....

7. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Isnt this idea already done? isn't it just like factions? GO STEAL SIGILS, Go own a town, this is what factions are about if ya play factions they way they were ment

8. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes....I agree with ya Sprago. But most ppl on shard are scared to run factions because they don't want to die and lose their loot. They rather have the safety of GZ. We used to have huuuge battles at the faction bases. Was a lot of fun stealing sigils, defending faction bases, raiding bases, and just fighting as faction groups.

9. archite666

archite666 Guest

I know we have factions and its the damn same thing, but I likethe idea of using castles, they are smaller, so easier controlled and the actuall look of the castle is cool.

10. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Better would be. Use only one castle and let the flag be a kidnap victum! Simple goal is... kill the kidnappers and raise the slain kidnap victum. Else,
    pay the ransom! The kidnap victum must play the part and not escape until all kidnappers are slain or until raised by rescuers.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

11. Monolith

Monolith Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes, yes, yes........we can play this. I like the kidnapping idea. :D

12. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

I thought the premise over, it has too many flaws.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

13. archite666

archite666 Guest

Like what? I saw you today for like a split second, Im really curious as to what you have to say?

Well we need to do something because me and my 2 guildys running from 30 tnt all day certainly ist going to draw alot of people.

14. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

The following are the problems with the premise of the kidnapping at a castle:
    1. It requires ALL PLAYERS to TRUST each other to keep the premise.
    2. The kidnapping victum can use the HELP I AM STUCK OPTION.
    3. The kidnapping victum can log off and then back on to be placed outside the castle thus escape.
    4. The Owner of the castle could at the first chance change the status of the doors access thus making the inner courtyard a kill zone only...
    5. The Owner can change the status of the castle from Public to Private.
    6. The Owner can ban opponents from castle.
    7. Intrusion by others which reject the premise show up at others' request.
    8. Do players stay dead when killed?
    9. Do players dry loot slain?
    10. Do players actually roleplay the parts of kidnapping , the exchange, and rescue. Will the players let this happen? Most players kill first and talk latter!
    11. There are always those who never know the rules... and use this as excuse to do anything and everything.
    12. No one and nothing will enforce the premise or agreed upon rules for the event. There will always be a lack of Authority.
    I sure there is more problems... like when, where, how long, who will play which role... who would be the kidnap victum that everyone would help try to rescue. Etc.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

15. archite666

archite666 Guest

Omg...quit talking please...Have you ever been to a fight night? Its called vent, what are you talking about?

None of your points make any sense at all, seriously not one of these, not one bit of sense.

For one, its called the "leave house" option which you obviously know nothing about it, no need to log, no way to get "caught" if someone changes anything in house, like to private or anything. Also that would instantly end the event.

Please stop talking really, you act like the different guilds can't get along.

You do realise at fight night, people came in dueling suits that were worth like 25 mil and died and no like booted them from the house, and looted them right?

Seriously, except for like problem 8 and 9, those are just rules clarification,
    all the other ones are the most desperate attempt to point out something that could wrong why dont you just put "shard going down for emergency maintaince" on there

"12. No one and nothing will enforce the premise or agreed upon rules for the event. There will always be a lack of Authority.
    I sure there is more problems... like when, where, how long, who will play which role... who would be the kidnap victum that everyone would help try to rescue. Etc."

Well no **** sherlock, thats the same with ALL player run events, theres never in game mechanics that stop people from trying to be asshates.

Thats why you only access people who are playing on the teams, duhhh, no one can be looted by random people.

I could go on and on but I dont have time to educate you, just go to a fightnight sometime

16. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

Just do some event; you do not need anyone's opinion or permission.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix