1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting Observation In Regards to Blackthorns Tamables

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fridgster, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ever notice down in blackthorns dungeon you always seem to get that one off critter that seems to go down alot harder than the others? That got me to thinking... what about the tamables down there? To my surprise some hell hounds had 180+ HPs. According to the pet calculators and the info posted on both stratics and uoguide thats 48% past max.

Now that gets me to wondering... will the same apply to the GD's there. 48% increase in hit points could come in pretty darn handy

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Now I'm wondering! Betting though that walking up to it and say "Will you be my Friend, I always wanted a friend like you."..... won't exactly be something they have in mind..... wonder what taming you'd need 150?

#2 MalagAste, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  3. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The only thing that seems effected is the HP's. Taming difficulty seems very much the same.

- Heh I have a 5.4 star one. (Hell hound not GD)

#3 Fridgster, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  4. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Pet calculator and uoguide is wrong
    Hell hounds can probably have 220 hp
    In my Hell pack the dog with the most hp have 217 hp
    I did ask petra to change that a couple years ago here on stratics and i think she did so should be correct here

5. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hell hounds in general got more powerful when they were used as part of the Bane Chosen event camps. It isn't a Blackthorn dungeon thing but rather that change came in with the Bane Chosen event.

6. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This was new to me
    I do not remember any notes that they did bumb up the hp then
    Or
    Are u thinking of the 350hp hell hounds we use to tame at slasher that got nerfed?

7. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think it was ever posted anywhere that they became stronger, it was just an observation I made. I wound up making a bunch of hell hound tamers on various accounts and they've all been stronger than the hell hounds my previous tamers had prior. I usually tamed them at Compassion Ilshenar north of that Ancient Wyrm lair.

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

She did :D

9. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

idk why do i see the Dev changing this asap....... to none tameable there... history i guess. be we shall see...

10. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Then there was the dark wolves that got scrubbed. This would be one those things the powers that be should come forward and confirm exist. And in the very next breath swear they wont change. Don't know about others but I hate wasting my time when simple conversation could insure any displeasure.

I remember reading long ago on how some spawn are known as alpha males. A spawn with exc. status compared to the others.