1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

interesting question of the day #68934

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Poo, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

is the Dock Town (floating fish town from High Seas) considered deep water or is the dock there the same as town docks and for each step away from land your fishing gets harder to the max of like 8 steps?

or....

is it deep water like sailing out in the open, cause the town is in the middle of deep water?

anyone know?

2. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I know you can lobster and crab trap there so it must be deep water right off the docks, would be logical anyhow.

3. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

Not deep water.
    If fishing from the docks.

4. Poo

k perfect.
    i was working a new fisher and thought maybe i could skirt the system and go straight from land to there and not have to dock fish, maybe find some loop hole in the code!!!

..... and then you had to come burst my bubble.
    thanks bubble burst-er!

5. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

Yeah i just got high seas.. Been doing the pirate quests.. But in my research i read that somewhere. Heh

6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

The magincia docks are jutting out into deep water. You can get both types of fish depending where you stand on them.

7. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Get a ball of knowledge, and start off by finding a server line. Server lines are shallow water...follow the line, then go one and one step deeper as your skill raises. Challanging is ok, - but not too challanging.

With a Tokuno ship, you just toss whatever fish u get in the hold and deed them when u want.

8. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

The end of the dock in TerMur by the fishing village where the gargoyle cure event was held is also considered deep water. There are 4 spots you can cast into and usually you can just cycles through them. By the time the last spot gets fished out, you maybe have to wait <2 mins for the 1st spot to have respawned. At least thats how it worked couple years back when I hit 120 on my fisherman. One added bonus, any serpents you fish up there will move closest to you and end up under the dock where they can't attack. You can cap out your fishing w/o ever having to fight a thing. Good if your a crafter template with no offensive skills.

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Gravewater Lake in Malas is all shore...... you can go round and round and round for shore fish.

10. Poo

this is interesting.
    ive been working up a couple Fishers on a couple different shards.
    usual attack - buy up to 30, fish off the grass till 50 then over to buc's den and move out the dock until i hit the end and am at 75 then off to boat server line till 80/85 then deed water till GM.

did that about 9 times, 2-3 days give or take to GM.

then i was working up the last guy i was gonna do and thought id try something different.
    i stayed at Buc's Den when i hit 75.
    i just called it quits there and im at 98.1

that kinda surprised me.
    i was under the impression you needed to be in deep water to get past 85.

so this is me passing along that you can definitely get past 85 on the dock.
    i was gonna see if i could GM it there but the gains have pretty much went to GGS not since i hit 98 and i just wanna get this last guy done so im heading out in a boat right now so i can get this last guy done.

oh, and the time to get to 98 was the same as going out in the boat, no added time.
    and this is non GGS cause my guy is capped at 720 skill.

enjoy.

oh, and i was getting White Pearl and Scales as well the whole time, just no MIBs or Sea Serps.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You can summon some pretty mean creatures at the Buc's dock.

12. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

Docks dont count as land mass. Larger docks do reach into deep water. Bucs docks are not that big, but you can reach deep water from the end of the docks there. The sea around the sea market should all be deep water. If someone wants to find their sweet gaining spots for fishing, he could use the big docks of New Magincia and Zento to go all the way for fishing. Thought moving along a server line is more comfortable most of the time. You can summon Leviathan/Scalis on each of the three mentioned docks. Most prefer Bucs simply becourse the healer npcs are really close by.