1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting, very interesting...

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by TKSpeedy1, Apr 29, 2008.

1. TKSpeedy1

TKSpeedy1 Guest

I went to the EA website today after reading the blog. Nothing posted there under their news section about EALand being cancelled. AND the EA-Land website is still up....AND you can still download the game. I've said it before and I'll say it again....something smells fishy.

2. I dont think it will be updated...everyone just left...

even if this is a May Fools joke...some people already been spending money on junk and will want their simoleans back if this was untrue.

In other words, there is no going back now...its cancelled!

3. <blockquote><hr>

I went to the EA website today after reading the blog. Nothing posted there under their news section about EALand being cancelled. AND the EA-Land website is still up....AND you can still download the game. I've said it before and I'll say it again....something smells fishy.

[/ QUOTE ]

..The blog posted it. kthx

4. Stikswifey

Stikswifey Guest

I am for sure it's over, Luc left Ea a week ago, so i doubt there is any turning back now.

5. TKSpeedy1

TKSpeedy1 Guest

Yeah, I know the blog posted it....I even said I read it in the blog....Geesh. All I'm saying is it's very strange.

6. It's not strange. The game is still available for download and playing, it's not closed yet. And they rarely update the official website.

7. TKSpeedy1

TKSpeedy1 Guest

Then why leave the link up to download and subscribe to the game? Pretty pointless in my book. Unless they just forgot to take it down, which is possible.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Then why leave the link up to download and subscribe to the game? Pretty pointless in my book. Unless they just forgot to take it down, which is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe some people want to get in and say goodbye to their friends.

Or have active subscriptions and need to redownload.

What if my PC crashes tonight, and I want to get the game again b/c I obv paid my last subscription but now I can't because some ppl don't think there is a point.

Why remove it? Whats the point? [​IMG]

9. This sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Going to borrow Rach's spooky fingers here

10. TKSpeedy1

TKSpeedy1 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I am for sure it's over, Luc left Ea a week ago, so i doubt there is any turning back now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Luc has already been gone for a week and was still able to post that blog on the official site. Hmm...strangest company I ever saw allowing people who don't work there anymore to post on their blog. I know..just my over-active imagination...can't help it it's a curse. I'll hold off my total panic until tomorrow, though...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Where does it say that Luc left? I want to read this for myself.

12. Rach

Rach Guest

You know what i think?

Lee Phancey shot JFK.

There, I said it.

13. Sidfrmea-lan

Sidfrmea-lan Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this i even looked and nothing is posted under news updates since EA owns the game now it should be posted on the main site for EA which its not

14. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd really like to read about this, have you got a link you can provide?

And general reply ...

The game has 3 months left yet, maybe they are leaving the download for people that want to make the most of 3 months on free play.

Polly

15. They have removed the EALand site now, it goes to the blog

16. Stikswifey

Stikswifey Guest

Go to wikipedia and look up Luc Barthelet.......says he left EAgames to pursue other means.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, if you aren't already a member of this game, and you don't have existing sims, theres NO point in downloading it to even try! Nobody can create a SIM any longer!

18. HoTDeViL

HoTDeViL Guest

this is very interesting too. now after its official and they told us its closing, why are game time codes still sold???

http://www.tsogamecode.com/store/index.asp

i have 2 of this codes still myself (not used since i couldnt add them myself anymore) and also didnt get any help from the support.

wondering if i will get pogo gametime for it