1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Introducing Stratics Pro

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Taylor, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

[​IMG]

Stratics is pleased to announce the launch of Stratics Pro. Stratics Pro is an account upgrade that allows users to support our development, and subsequently allows us to treat these users to some unique perks. Additionally, we are excited to offer a separate upgrade that will allow users to select a custom user title.

Stratics Pro

Stratics Pro accounts feature the following advantages:
    • No Ads
    • User Blog
    • Special User Banner
    • Bypass Flood Check (No Delay Between Posts, Searches, etc.)
    • 10x Larger Avatar Size (Up to 500 kb)
    • 5x Larger Inbox (Up to 5,000 Conversations)
    • Conversation Upgrades
      • 4x More Conversation Participants (Up to 20)
      • 10x Longer Conversation Editor Time (Up to 20 Minutes)
      • Create Conversation Groups/Aliases (e.g., BFFs, Guild Mates)
      • Create Auto-Respond Messages (e.g., Vacation Notice)
      • Create Conversation Prefixes (e.g., Buying, Selling)
    • Signature Upgrades
      • Embedded media
      • 2x max characters (Up to 600)
      • 2x max lines (Up to 6)
      • 2x max links (Up to 6)
      • 2x max images (Up to 6)
      • 2x max smilies (Up to 6)
      • Larger max text size (Up to 6)
    We are currently offering four unique payment methods, including 6-month and 12-month upgrades that automatically expire, as well as 6-month and 12-month subscriptions that will automatically renew until cancelled. Additional details may be viewed here: http://stratics.com/community/pages/pro/.

Custom User Titles

This upgrade entitles users to a one-time user title change. User titles are limited to 50 characters by XenForo. Custom user titles are subject to Stratics' Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is a distinct upgrade from Stratics Pro.

All account upgrades may be viewed and purchased by clicking the “Upgrades” tab in the top navigation menu. Alternatively, you may click here to be redirected to the Account Upgrades page.

#1 Taylor, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    GhostHeretic and Emma Silvermane like this.
  2. Rupert Avery

all cool specially the no ads thing... I do think though your user title change is a little over priced... may I ask how you priced up the upgrade?

3. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

4. Taylor

We decided to price Stratics Pro very low (for the 12-month subscription, just over $1.50/mo.), because we wanted these perks to be available to as many supporters as possible. The goal was simply to make it cheap. As volunteers, we had the luxury to make it so. :)

However, we were torn on the custom user titles. We knew that we wanted to extend this promotion to interested users, but we were also worried about cheapening the custom titles of our 10,000 post count users. It takes a long time to build 10,000 posts. Eventually, we settled on $10. We may not sell any, and that's OK, but it's available to folks who want the luxury, while still giving due respect to the 10,000 post users.

5. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Id have to agree on the custom titles price. It seems very very high for a few words under your picture.

Im also curious about the pricing on the other stuff, Is this average pricing for forumn upgrades? I understand the cost of running forumns and the use of ads. But coming from a tight budget it just doesnt seem costworthy.

I did however contemplate upgrading cause 2 of the features caught my attention, The rotating signature and the custom title. But it doesnt seem costworthy to pay that much for those 2 features.

6. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Syrus sorry i must of hit post just as you did. Ignore parts of my reply. =)

7. Taylor

The only other forums I frequent that offer user upgrades sell their upgraded accounts for a lot more. One sells "premium" memberships for $10/mo and the other sells "platinum" memberships for $5/mo. IGN recently launched "IGN Prime" for $3.33/mo. This led me to believe that $1.50/mo. was pretty inexpensive. Also, those other upgrades provide really basic stuff--for instance, you're allowed to have a signature, or you're allowed to access your User Control Panel. That seemed really usurious. We wanted to keep it cheap and offer some non-essential, but kind of cool perks. :)

8. Rupert Avery

okay cool, I still feel it is costly.. but i can understand you not wanting to rob the 10k posts thing...

9. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the explanation. I guess i was just so used to totaly free forumns that i never even noticed the pay/upgrade part of forumns. After your explanation tho the prices seem a bit more fair.

10. Taylor

All the traditional features that we've always offered for free will remain free, so you don't lose anything. :)

11. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Blogs are cool. Hoping some of the Stratics Pro members will write some good ones :)

12. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Cool, I didn't know we got that

(postcount +1)

13. Taylor

Yes, it was very hard to know about post counts and titles on the old forums. Accordingly, Petra has added this to the FAQs: Trophy User Titles | Stratics Forums

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Let's stay on topic in this thread and discuss the optional aspects of Stratics Pro.

15. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry it was not meant as a mod bashing posting, just posting MHO on why i would not pay to use. There was no offence meant

16. Taylor

Well, I suspect some folks will be interested and many others won't. As I mentioned, you won't lose any functionality or anything by abstaining. :)

17. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I pay to use another forum (£25 a year), its a great idea. Just not for me.

18. Taylor

Understood.

19. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Well I obviously have to do this...why? Cus I love Stratics...of course! :cheerleader: AND I can finally be a *Pro* at something :banana:

20. Taylor

You needn't. Anyone who volunteers their time as a staff member receives these benefits as a thank you. It's not an adequate thank-you, but I hope that it brightens your day just a bit. Thank you so much for all that you do. :)

kelmo likes this.
  21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Blog... hmm. No one has one yet. Can anyone read blogs,or do you need Pro to read?

22. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Too late! I love the small token of appreciation but for $20 a year I'll do it to support Stratics and all of my fellow staff members...and of course your adorable puppy ;)

Hats off to you Syrus (Wishes I could insert a hats off to you smiley)

23. Taylor

Anyone can read them.

24. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have a picture of your hair as my desktop wallpaper for that very reason.

Good name, too *Nods*

25. Taylor

Well, I have a shrine to your hair, so...

26. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot

Very nice, I paid for the old Stratics Plus to support Stratics, and would happily pay again (if I wasn't staff already. ;))

27. MrMightySmith

MrMightySmith Journeyman

atleast i dont have to pay too just visit this site yet........ I hate that UO has no feedback other than stratics.

28. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

There is feedback - Twitter.

29. Rupert Avery

emmm.. There is Twitter & UOforums.. Jeff listens on both of those...

Sevin0oo0 and kRUXCg7 like this.
  30. MadMartyr

MadMartyr Madness Personified
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni UWF

Purchased! Love Stratics.

AirmidCecht, Petra Fyde and Syrus like this.
  31. Just wondering if the large custom avatars will slow down page loads. I am assuming that there is an option to turn off avatars, but I haven't looked for it... yet. Stratics page loads are finally pretty fast and would hate to see that go away because of a fancy perk.

Also just curious, but I noticed just now that the Fav icon changed to a purple tivo-like thingy. Can we have the old one back?

32. Taylor

Speaking as the resident non-technical techy, I don't think this is likely to happen unless we have really widespread participation. We have a lot of plugins installed on XenForo (maybe 30?), which are more likely to have an impact. I've been monitoring our site speed every couple of days to make sure it stays snappy and I'll keep watching things. We've been doing lots of things behind the scenes to make it quicker, like merging user groups, and you may notice that post-move we're lighter by many thousand spam bot accounts. Anyway, I'll be watching the speed. :)

Ugh, tell me about it. That's the TGN logo. As soon as I get FTP access to the new directory, it'll be replaced by a cog.

33. Thanks Syrus. I did notice Fedora and Nginx running things behind the scene, and call me impressed with the changes!

34. Taylor

I don't know what those are, but I'm happy when they work. XD

35. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid

I done started bloggin! I hope this is a feature that takes off for subscribers :)

36. Taylor

Your first blog entry was great, Airmid. If we could host developer blogs, that'd be kind of a dream come true too.

37. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid

While Stratics may not be the only outlet, I can say with certainty that we work hard not just to be a fansite forum but a place to gather feedback and present it to the UO Team in a concise way and relay that back to the community of players. I for one am very appreciative of all the hard work that goes into keeping this as hub for UO players for almost 15yrs now :)

38. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Sigs are still 125x600(50k)?

39. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

No, if you check the FAQ you'll see we increased the size allowance a short time ago. There was an announcement which should appear at the top of your page until you dismiss it.

40. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran

I must be overlooking something.
    Can anyone guide me on how to setup and take advantage of the rotating signature feature of Pro?

41. Taylor

That's a job for Petra. Send her your signatures, she'll upload them to our server, and you'll be good to go. :)

42. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You know.. I wish you kept the members of stratics pro from long ago. We never got re-embursed our money for when we paid for add free forums back then. What's the guarentee we won't get snubbed again? Right after I paid a year subscription it went bye bye.

43. Petra Fyde

No one who was involved in the old Stratics Pro is still with us. The boards don't even have the same owner.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  44. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Is it possible to set up google pay? I recently changed banks and have to wait to use my paypal account.

45. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Ugh I am sad. I forgot all about changing my paypal information. I forgot all about it.

46. Taylor

I researched this, but it doesn't look like there's a plugin for it yet. :(

47. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

48. Petra Fyde

hmm, hadn't really thought of that, I've been using the same sigs for a couple of years or more!

I am willing to replace and exchange signatures within reason. Obviously if someone has a guild tag on one of their sigs, and they change guild, they may want to remove the old signature and replace it with a new one showing their new guild. I might get a bit annoyed if someone wants to swap them every few days. :)

Syrus likes this.
  49. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

This is why we should have the option here to add and remove them on the user side of things.We had this option in the old forum,right? That way you,and any other staffer won't have to worry with it.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!