1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Invasion artifacts dropping on ground

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Great DC, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Great DC

Great DC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

When the beacon is destroyed, why is it items fall on ground near it as supposed to going into backpacks? Some people that don't even hit it are able to just scoop them up. Is this a bug or is this done purpose?

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Items fall on the ground either because the person who would have gotten it are off the server..... or..... you have too much in your backpack no room item falls to ground.

3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

they sometimes fall on the ground next to the captains corpse. i believe this is a bug, as i killed a captain from full health and it dropped next to him. i got the arty drop message too so know it wasnt meant for someone who had logged off. my pack was very empty, not close to overweight.

Flutter likes this.
  4. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I saw this happen.Another person and I had been working on a captain in moonglow it was on the other side of a fence and was about dead when another person came up with a GD and a few seconds later the artifact dropped on the ground near the GD and was picked up by its owner :confused:

5. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

This has been mentioned in other threads. This thread will help bring more attention to this problem.
    It should be set up so that if your laden it drops in the bank. Other than that it should drop in your pack.
    Arties on the ground is just ignorant.
    I for one haven't heard a dev response on this.

MalagAste likes this.
  6. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I will look into this issue.

7. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would guess they are possibly the drops for those players who were dead, but were entitled to get one if alive. Picked up 2 drops on the ground at a lighthouse last night, and gave them to 2 guild mates after rezzing them.

8. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Thank you Bleak.
    Thank you Great DC
    :next:

Flutter likes this.
  9. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

still doing it of later yesterday....aint tried today

10. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know about dead, but I've just found that if a character isn't logged in (perhaps not on the subserver?), and it earned an artifact, then the artifact will drop on the ground.

I was using two mage chars and got an assassin down to about 5% life. It started hiding/teleporting too much for me to finish it off, and I switched to a dexxer to finish it. The artifact dropped on the ground.

11. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

As far as I can tell each Tower will drop an arty on the ground. I have picked up around 10 myself and they seem to drop in the same spot every time

12. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Good info. Keep it coming everyone

13. The Zog historian

Stratics Veteran

Very true, I was half-expecting the drop to go into oblivion since I didn't have the first two chars logged in any longer.

14. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

Agreed.

In my experiences:
    Captains can possibly yield more than 1 artie for multiple people (meaning I and another person both got 1 drop.)
    Captains can possibly drop an artie on the ground (rarely seen, haven't seen more than 1 at a time.)
    Lighthouses can possibly drop arties on the ground (I've seen anywhere from 0 up to 5.)

In reference to the 5 that dropped at once, that happened only once. Regularly, I'll see between 0-3.

In my opinion, it isn't hurting anything! If these are indeed dropped from players that left, well then, yay.

#14 sibble, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  15. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I just finished a lighthouse and had one character dead who did not receive a martie. The live character received one but I saw nothing on the ground. There was only one other player there and he left pretty quickly after lighthouse fell. Perhaps I missed the one on the ground. Where approximately do they fall? Within the debris? Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

16. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes kinda bang in the middle...of the spot that it was

17. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Thanks. That is what I figured, but when I found no drop there with a known dead character, I wondered if it might be elsewhere.

18. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Its been happening since at least the SA launch.. it happens rarely with the stuff dropped by all of the renowned monsters in the abyss as well. Most people just never noticed probably because a lot less of those get killed in general. It's probably an issue in the code for that kind of drop.

Let me guess, they both use some sort of modified offshoot of some other drop system where chances slowly increase with number of things killed?

#18 Crysta, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  19. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hrmm, I have reason to believe this is working as intended.

sibble likes this.
  20. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I miss when gaseous elementals didn't have corpses :(

21. pumpkin_escobar

pumpkin_escobar Journeyman

Noticed this yesterday morning in trinsic tram after light house fell, to much time wasted killing stuff for the one arty I got, just to see them drop on the ground

22. The Zog historian

Stratics Veteran

Ugh, I don't. Even before stealth, I hated the noobs who'd hang around Shame bloods and grab loot off the ground. We had to use item ID wands back then to know what an item was, so it was a risk to kill someone over a crappy heavy or whether it was a silver of power.

23. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Have you ever accidentally hit a spell macro while trying to move something around in your pack and it winds up preventing you from picking that item up? In essence it seems to lock your inventory down for a brief second. Could it be related to this where when the system tries to drop the reward in the pack, said person is casting and so instead it falls to the ground?