1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Invasion, beacon and word of death

Discussion in 'UHall' started by R Traveler, Oct 23, 2013.

1. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Every time during prime hours I see same poor tactic.
    Last stage of invasion. Most players sit near beacon just to make sure they hit it. They do this because 5-10 spellweavers cast 1-2 times WoD in about 5 secs time frame and it done. Its too quick. They just have no chance to get drop if they not camp it at final stage.
    Nobody cares to clean last stage of spawn just to make beacon vulnerable. So it require more time.

Hey devs, make beacon resistant to WoD spell like some other bosses during rare EM battles.
    Other option is to make more HP for last stage, so WoD does not work so early. More than 40%. Current split is about 80% and 20%.

G.v.P, Arrgh, CovenantX and 6 others like this.
  2. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've just pulled an artifact from the rubble of a lighthouse even though I didn't get to hit it during the last phase.
    We were fighting the last captain by the lighthouse and I was thinking it might not be the best place to stand when all of a sudden it was reptalon time!
    Just after I ressed up I got the message that I had an artifiact. I had gave the lighthouse a fair beating during the earlier phase so maybe that was all that was needed.

G.v.P likes this.
  3. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor

That is because you don't actually have to be there to kill It, which is a fact everyone here is overlooking. You simply need to be on the damage list, everyone who damages it gets an artifact. What I normally do, is attack the lighthouse in the first or second attackable phases, then focus on captain for the duration of the invasion. Then, since I m already on the towers attack list, when it finally falls, even if I am across town fighting a captain I will still get an artifact.

The people who are standing around doing nothing are missing out on opportunities to get more artifacts. Last night I was on a good roll an got 5 arties off of captains in 2 invasions. So I netted a total of 7 arties whereas the lazy crowd only got 2 at best.

4. THP

THP Stratics Legend

seems the best tactic on a mage anyways that are borked in towns .....just not gettting anything from the captains at all ....not enough damage i guess......Best maybe just sit at the lighthouse and hammer it when its vunerable and guarantee one arty per attack/town....and be there for rezzes...

#4 THP, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Lord Frodo likes this.
  5. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master

You get drops from the spawn too.

I'm using my necro mage weaver with 0 luck and I've had a few, two in Moonglow last night just from the spawn.

G.v.P and Hardy like this.
  6. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

This. Like Kyronix said. Do damage, get damage, heal - and you WILL get arties!

7. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I had arti drops from the low level ele spawn last night, so it's not all about the captains and towers, this shows they are trying to make it as fair as possible.

Eaerendil likes this.
  8. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

So you think casting 2 EVs and sitting back is the 'best tactic' for PVM mages? Wow. Last time I checked my spellbook had 64 spells...

9. THP

THP Stratics Legend

no half the tactic...cast 2 evs then attack with more spells....over half the spell book is useless in towns!!.yes mages are borked for sure

#9 THP, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  10. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Lol not everyone gets a marty form attacking the beacon....even attacking the spawn ..the captain and the beacon [all] still hit and miss if u get a marty....pretty much sealed the end of this one for me......

11. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Odd I have had an arti drop from every beacon I've hit..
    Perhaps the RNG is not in you favour THP

12. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Only had one beacon where I've not had a drop and that was maybe 100 damage in the final cycle.

13. THP

THP Stratics Legend

two in a row...no drop....about 90 minutes hitting spawn/captains/beacon.....nothing....doubt ill waste another 90 minutes [end]

14. TheGrimReefer

Stratics Veteran

I have tested the drops on many Captains and find that it has nothing to do with top damagers. It is all about the final blow. I have brought a Captain to redline myself then someone with Word of Death comes by and they get the arty. Now if it was top damagers then I should have gotten the arty since I redlined him from full life, but no I got nothing. Now you have people just waiting to cast WOD and nothing else on captains and beacons getting the arties. I agree that Captains and Beacons should not be allowed to be WOD just like most of the Event Mobs.

15. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have a spellweaving mystic mage that uses WoD on captains and I assure you that that does NOT guarantee the marty drop. She hits for around 6-700 dmg and gets about 3-4 in subject to mana. In the 12 or so captains I attacked with others today I got one marty. I use EC/ Pinko's so can see the dmg done in exact amounts. In one fight with my mage and tamer, the tamer did a LOT less damage and got the marty, and in other fights with the same two when the tamer does more dmg it has gotten the marty and vice versa. Can't say I see any difference in who get the drop.

#15 MissEcho, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  16. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have to hit the light house in the final stage, or what if you attack it first and second, but miss the final? -- because it goes too fast.

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Random.... that's what it is. Though most often the more people there the less likely I am to get the drop that's what I've noticed..... and many times I attack the tower and don't get a drop when the tower falls.... go figure.

18. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Seems they fixed WoD damage on beacon. I still works but not effective anymore.

19. THP

THP Stratics Legend

still artys dropping to the floor when the tower falls....just the scripters are cleaning them up.....why would artys drop to the floor???

20. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

probably not scripters.... I've been able to snag a few..... Thanks to Pinco's UI and the Filter..... Control shift and all I see is anything with the word Minax in it.

21. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Ooooooh I need to check out this filter thing. I've been using mine set on "dynamic objects" and it shows way to much stuff.

22. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I read in another thread the beacon drops approximately 5 Arties on the ground when it falls. Are these in the corpse of the lighthouse rubble or directly on the ground?

23. MalagAste

Right click that and set filter... I set mine for Elf, Human, Malag, and Minax... You can set all of them and so when you control shift those are the only tags you see. Sadly you have to reset it each time you log back in but that's ok.

#23 MalagAste, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    DJAd likes this.
  24. THP

THP Stratics Legend

at the moment straight on the ground under the beacon...but uve gotta be quick as the pinco gang have got this covered