1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Invasion/book of truth over?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trevelyan, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

So lately Ive been busy with work, etc etc, and I was away for 2 and a bit weeks out of the UK working. I had the impression from somewhere I had until mid to late march until this event was over so I figured that from tonight and over the weekend I would give UO a good bash and get some of the Ephiphany armour everyone else has been getting OR to get more bane loyalty to get that book of truth for bane loyalists.

But I dont see where any of the invasion stuff is at the moment and I want to get to 7500 points before its over D: in addition, that guy at Brit moongate isnt there. Whats going on? Is it over??

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

not sure but I found no bane anywhere only the bane dragon in abyss and the hell hounds there

3. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

they were still in magincia about an hour ago. On atl...

And was there another book of truth? I got the one at brit gate but all i had to do was turn in a virtue suit...

4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

they were at Ilsh yesterday, 'localization' Patch, today gone. ophids still out there.Meer there as normal

must of been a bug fix, since Bane weren't supposed to be there. Easier to Remove than to Repair

5. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On Europa, we have the blackrock golems on Magincia, but no bane.

The second version of the Book of Truth came from the bane representative at the site of what was Magincia moongate, which had become their 'altar' - hand him one of the Books of Truth (the ones you got from Sincade, at Brit Moongate, in return for a suit of Virtue armour), and you got back a 'Corrupted Book of Truth' complete with an inscription to your character, saying it was for "their name, on his/her induction into the Bane Chosen".

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Of which will have to be bought. I started up on that quest too, ~30 drops later, no complete set as of yet. I only heard one other person do it (a poster here on stratics), and he bought his set

7. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I just hope I can find my dad blamed book now. *sigh*

8. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

i Suppose i have to have a minimum of points FOR the bane to trade it in?

9. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Yep - the 7,500 Trev mentions in the first post.

10. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

The odds of getting the six pieces are drops in dungeons were never good, probably the best option (other than buying) was to get a few folks together to trade/share the pieces they already had, or subsequently got, to try make up full sets. Like most good ideas, it wasn't what I did, but I reckon it would have worked quite well.

I only got one of the 'Books of Truth - and ironically, got the pieces to complete another armour set yesterday. Whatever else changes in UO, the RNG remains evil.

11. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Well I am seriously annoyed and unhappy by this lack of info/warning. I had a couple of sets of virtue armour and thought.. shall I do the quest thing and hand it in now? No, ill wait until Friday after work.

Great idea that was. Sure sure, I could have done something before - this invasion has been going for a couple of months. But there was no indication it would end anytime soon and I was so sure I heard somewhere it would be mid/end of march (and it is BARELY mid-March now). At the very least I would have expected some sort of warning like that "In the next few days, we will be turning the invasion off".

I find it really hard to devote time to UO properly these days, and it has become a lot less fun for me too, so this sort of thing just makes me want to play even less.

12. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

/this

With all the cool changes/additions in the past few months, I'm still wondering why I keep feeling like I'm the stupid one

13. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

So no word at all on this still :/? Just a silent change with no explanation..

14. canary

canary Guest

It's OK, I'm still waiting what kind of thing awaits ppl for siding with the Bane aside from a book, seeing as the side you chose was going to carry consequences.

15. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

I dont get if I get sent to the depths of the abyss for my choices - I really want a book with "Trevelyan" on :(:(:(

16. PinkPandora

PinkPandora Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I am searching both fel and trammel magincia.... does anybody know for sure if the Bane representative at Magincia Moongate, where you can get a corrupted Book of Truth has been removed? I have reviewed the patch and release notes and i dont see anything mentioned. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.