1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Invasion Question..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dragonater, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Were in Fel Yew, have the lighthouse beacon almost destroyed. Then get message that we must kill Captain(s) to continue...How do we tell the Captains from the others? Is it just one or is it all that are left after we get that message? Starting to feel like a grind.

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The Captains are humans. They are invurnable first till you kill enough monsters. Then they become attackable.

[​IMG]

The have the title Master of....

startle and Dragonater like this.
  3. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Thanks Frarc, that explains alot. I know just who you mean now. Next time I see that message (something like)"You must kill the Captains before you can destroy the lighthouse". Not going to waste time killing the humans, like the bards, wizards etc. Instead go right for the "Masters". Quick question, does the Master title still show after they go Red?

4. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Remember though, killing the 'red' ones gets points towards getting the Minax artifacts that you can then opt to use for the new turnin items....

I think I got to see their 'Master of... ' title (if the random monster type are demons, they are 'Master of Demons, for example) from their context menu rather than it showing as a title over their heads.

I can't recall if the 'Master' tag stays when they change to red(I think it did but I'm not certain), but one thing I did note on the first invasions on TC, the time you get to damage the beacon is VERY short, and at least one and usually two more waves of invaders spawned - thus making the beacon 'invulnerable' again - and had to be cleared out before we could go back to damaging the beacon. At least the beacon doesn't repair while another wave are being fought, though. :)

5. Dragonater

Dragonater Journeyman

Can confirm that they do keep "Master" title after going Red. I'm jumping back and forth between the 2 towns being invaded right now. Minoc Fel and Maginica Tram, and seems like every human has a master title. Wizards, Macers. Mystics etc. I thought there was only supposed to be 1 or 2. Are they all considered to be Captains? Hope not, and if not how do we tell which "Masters" are the Captains? Little confused.

#5 Dragonater, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

The masters are the Captains. :)

#6 Frarc, Oct 16, 2013
  7. flappy6

flappy6 Sage

what shard dont see any on origins

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Only on TC, as the Publish notes say - will reach other shards soon, depending on how many bugs are found on Test and how many are fixed.

9. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Yes, they are all considered Captains. The Captains are all human, elf, or gargoyle and have the tag, "Master of ..." depending on the creature group they spawn with. There are 10 different templates of Captains and 10 different groups each city can be invaded with, so the invasions will be quite varied.

As for fighting the Beacons, they change from an invulnerable to vulnerable state and back again based on the damage done to them. The thresholds are at 75% and 25%...so you kill enough Captains and it becomes vulnerable...attack down to 75%, kill more Captains...attack down to 25%, kill more Captains....attack until it is destroyed and win the invasion, hooray!

10. flappy6

flappy6 Sage

Do mystic,vanq,and power weapons still do more damage

11. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

A good advice on the Captains.

If you fighting a Wizard and he says he going to burn you to ash.... RUN! :)

12. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

LOL they taunt you huh.

Does the city have anything to do with city points?

So, we can yell out in gen chat. Minoc is being invaded and all go help each other? Who gets points?

13. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

Town Criers (Sherry the mouse Statue) Tell you what town is under attack. Just say News to them.

You don't seem to get Loyalty points for fighting the forces and also won't loose loyalty. So you can freely help any town you like without a risk.

#13 Frarc, Oct 16, 2013
    old gypsy and Moldy Fishmonger like this.