1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Invasion Wave 4, Victory/Defeat Thread

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Dec 28, 2010.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

• Great Lakes shard
    • Trinsic
    • Victory for Britannia, sometime today.

I salute my shard; we seem to have responded really well to the combination of mercenary practical and non-practical incentives in this invasion.

-Galen's player

2. Mentiras

Mentiras Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

• Legends
    • Cove
    • Defeat, Victory for the Bane

3. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Baja
    Skara Brae
    Moonglow
    Defeat
    Victory to the Banes.
    A temporary occupation...........

4. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

If they put the katanas and crystals on the goodguys then evil would be undefeated, but oh well. I don't know why they bother with side-choosing when only one gives loot.

5. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

sashes on the meers...............

Europa
    Trinsic
    Moonglow
    Cove
    Victory to the defenders

6. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Ah, well, loot has been the issue for a while now. Until the invasions, those who chose the Bane have received the "good" rewards. Choosing good got you nothing aside from a virtual warm fuzzy feeling. Now the loot scales are tipped decidedly to favor those fighting the Bane.

I was surprised that the "allies" didn't have a guard-type with must-have pixelcrack to balance things. Then I remembered this Dev Team is a bit confused about what 'balance' means :lick:

Good has needed an incentive to fight (it’s a game, there must be incentive) but the katanas are a bit overkill. When the reward obviates the choice of whose side to take, you have a problem. Maybe the next time they do an arc like this they will remember to keep rewards balanced for both side throughout the events.

7. Amathist

Amathist Guest

Does anyone know if you can reclaim a city once it has been taken over?

8. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Unknown.

But on Origin there were people fighting the Virtuebane guards after the city was lost.

So, at the very least, you can strike at the occupiers. (Or you could on Origin.)

-Galen's player

9. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And Skara Brae, which the defenders also won. Just waiting for Wave 5 to start on Europa now...

But yes, the Bane have been favoured with the better loot all through out the arc... even now, the Katana isn't very desirable, and it's more for role-play reasons that Europa is defending it's cities, for long long hours of financially very unrewarding struggle. The idea that the entire event is one long shower of gold for goody two-shoes is really rather hopelessly naive...

10. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Pacific Cove was freed by the Britannians. Moonglow still had Bane Guards prowling the grounds, but all other towns have been freed.

11. Amathist

Amathist Guest

Thanks, we have been taking down guards in cove hopefully we manage to achieve something by doing it.

12. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

As myself and as Galen I salute your efforts. If anything happens, do please let us know.

-Galen's player

13. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

Origin

I guess we are technically on Wave 7, and are defending Trinsic for a second time. So far our efforts to drive out the Bane from cities which Britannia lost(Vepser and Minoc) have not met with any visible impact other then temporarily clearing an area of occupation. However we will continue the fight and report if anything changes.

Current City under attack:TRINSIC

Cities Successfully Defended: Britain, Skara Brae, Trinsic(I), Moonglow

Cities Fallen to the Bane Chosen: Vesper, Minoc

14. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I wonder what happens if a shard continually looses, And then the system runs out of towns to target? The shard is auto deleted? :p

15. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

LS - Cove currently under attack, by Only the Big guards.
    Anyone know where the Meer & Ophids are? I think they only show when then the smaller banes and dragons spawn, Have they Both showed up, at the same time, at any of the cities?

16. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

LS, Cove, not sure of the template, but there's ONE person(non-tamer) killing the guards, single handedly - And there's NOTHING Else to fight, what's up w/ that?

17. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

The presence of only VB guards probably means the city is lost to the enemy. The guards remain, and remain attack-able.

Soling them is definitely possible. His template is likely some variation of the infamous "Sampire," template, which typically incorporates Necromancy and Bushido, and sometimes but not always, also Chivalry.

-Galen's player