1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

invisible bear acudas?

Discussion in 'Toontown General Discussion' started by rainwatercat, Oct 13, 2008.

1. rainwatercat

rainwatercat Guest

recently, in the treasure dive games i have been doing (in nutty river), i get near the top with the treasure and get hit by an invisible bear acuda (i can tell by the bubble sound afterward).

has anyone else been having this problem?

is it a case of nr lag or is this a new trolley issue? i also have noticed that in about 1 in 4 jungle vine games i pass right through the bananas (and i don't get the points--also in nutty river).

2. Flippers

Flippers Guest

Lemme tell you something.

I reported this to them and they said my description wasnt enough for them to go on.

It was pretty cut n dry: a proximity issue with the bear acudas in the diving game where you are hit and their bubble sound triggers when they are half a screen width away.

What more can you describe? They act like the factory cogs and react before they are even near you.

This is the game itself and not NR btw - no lag districts have the same problem.

3. rainwatercat

rainwatercat Guest

the only reason i said nutty river is because that's where i played it, but it's frustrating to see it's not a lag issue. and, i can't see where what you described to them wasn't enough for them to understand the problem. as you said, it's pretty cut and dry...if you don't stay at least another bear length away, you lose the chest.

thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one dealing with it.

4. Granjell

Granjell Guest

I wasn't in Nutty River and it happened twice in two different games in Daisy Gardens. I hate the Treasure Dive! Half the time I just stay at the top the whole time and take the 5 beans.

5. rainwatercat

rainwatercat Guest

i think i may have found a way around it for now. just to see what would happen, i swam right over the bear acuda and i didn't get hit. :coco:

the game timing must be off or something....

6. SSniffleslam

SSniffleslam Guest

It's happened to me (on the occasion that I let my silly self run out of beans and had to play trolley games). If only they would let us pick what games we want...I would do toon escape all day! Yet I digress...anywho, it's happened to me too.

7. rainwatercat

rainwatercat Guest

i would love that! then i wouldn't have to play the catching game or cog thief again. lol :lick: i know technically you can now (with trolley tracks), but sometimes trolley tracks seems to go on forever.

the only reason i found out about this is because my 25 laff pt forever newbies can't fish. so, it's beg for beans or go on the trolley. :sad4:

8. SSniffleslam

SSniffleslam Guest

I don't like trolley tracks though...it takes too long.

9. Granjell

Granjell Guest

You run into poor sports on trolley tracks too, who stink you and quit the game. Bummer!

10. Little Sadie

Little Sadie Guest

I can't stand trolley games. I've only tried the one new one once and that was the ice game. My daughter loves the trolley games though. I'd rather fish for beans. LOL!