1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Iron Beetle Spawn

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Connor_Graham, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Do these spawn anywhere other than the one spot right before Narvey? If not, then it's broken. I killed the ones that were there when I arrived, then the ones from the one time they respawned. Since then, nothing has spawned for 15 minutes.

And right in the middle of working on a quest...

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've had trouble figuring out the respawn on stuff as well.

3. The first respawn only took a few minutes, and they all spawned in basically the same 5x5 area. Since then, nothing, although I did find a nice little stack of verite under some iron ore.

4. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yea... Noticed that too the other night. Makes me wonder how we're supposed to get 10 scales for the quests... I didn't even get one.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I had the same problem getting the rats to respawn the other night. I thought maybe someone lured one off and I searched and searched but I ended up sadfaced.

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Do you need to get one of the goblin keepers to pay a visit, or do they only tend to the spiders? Can't remember.

7. I have no clue. This is the first time I've messed with the beetles. Didn't even get to that part of the underworld in beta. On the bright side I did get my goblin slayer talisman, so it wasn't a total waste of time.

8. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You need to kill the 2 wolf spiders that spawn with them in that room for the respawn to happen, in my experience.

9. I killed them several times when they respawned. That's what I was doing to keep myself occupied while I was waiting. Nada.

10. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Has to be the two that spawn in that room. They might have gotten dragged off into the middle of the other spider spawns.

11. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They mentioned upping the spawn rate in the HoC...

12. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

make them breedable - more content for farming :)

13. Stranger

Stranger Lord of the Dance
    Stratics Veteran

Crysta is right, it seems like you have to kill the wolf spiders that spawn with the iron beetles. There are 3 wolf spiders attached to the iron beetles. Whenever it breaks for me I run around the whole area killing all the wolf spiders I can find. Be sure to cross the bridge. (A lot of traffic gets them pulled that way.) Also check around the fountain and that little jail area with the NPC. You never know where someone might of dragged them off too. :)

14. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That would be ranching....

PERV!

15. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Semi-tangent...
    Am I the only one who's having fun herding (attack and drag, not the skill) Korpre's, Anlorzens, and Anlorlems to morph into Anlorvaglems? It's a lot of fun. Unsure how many Korpres it takes to make an Anlorzen (and there may be different tiers of Korpres too) but 2 Anlorzen make an Anlorlem, and 2 Anlorlems make an Anlorvaglem.

Though Anlorvaglems are "mini-bosses" they don't drop any special loot other than Void Cores, which is unfortunate.