1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mysticism] Is a 120 scroll worth the cost for PVM?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Old Man of UO, Jun 4, 2010.

1. I just started training mysticism to use in PVM, and already have a 115 mystic scroll in storage. Will I notice much difference between 115 and 120 skill, and is it worth the cost for PVM? Vendor prices are ridiculous.

2. That pretty much depends on what the main point of the character is. If you've got Mysticism mainly for Colossus then yeah its worth it. If you've got it but are mainly dealing damage through other means, or have it just for defense then probably not.
    (For PvM at least.)

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You need 120 mystic and 120 focus to spell trigger bombard, that is worth it IMO.

4. That can be 120 focus OR imbuing, right?

5. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would assume, can't confirm or deny for certain.

6. Yes you only need Focus OR Imbuing, not both.

Triggering Bombard isn't exactly a PvM necessity, given the cooldown, when you could just spam it anyway.

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Ya, reading and comprehension fail on my part. GOD is right, probably not worth it for PvM. PvP definitely.

8. For PvP definitely.

Oh and Stone Form based characters... the immunities scale up to 100% effective at 120/120.

9. Alrighty! Thanks both of you, that helped a lot.

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

in pvm i use 115 and get along just fine only thing is the occasional fail with collossus

11. Mysticism is *something like* 0.5 higher difficulty than Magery, so even at 120 there's no 100% success on Colossus.

12. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Colossus is noticeably stronger as it gets closer to 120. Don't know your money situation but you could always eat the 115 til you got the 120

Another thread I read said Spell plague is at 100% success at 108 skill

Ask yourself which spells you'll be relying on mostly to answer the question

13. That's exactly what I'm doing. I've never been one to have hundreds of mil in the bank, so it's a bit of a stretch to pay 14 mil for a 120 scroll when I bought a 115 scroll for 1 mil.

As far as which spells I will be using, I have no clue since I haven't used any of them! I just started yesterday and am only at 50 skill. It will take a bit of play before I know how to properly use any of the new spells.

14. If you don't know the spells perhaps it would be of benefit to play it on Test Centre. There you can change your skill values instantly to see the difference and also Lore your Colossus.

Some of the spells are directly affected by the Mysticism skill (such as Healing Stone, Stone Form, Spell Trigger, Colossus) but others may just be success chance (which is usually the case).