1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

is an armor vendor worth it?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by phreephisher, Nov 25, 2008.

1. phreephisher

phreephisher Guest

my guild and i have been running a pretty good vendor mall, was just wandering if i shold add a barbed leather ar vendor. is there a need for one, and so what is the going rate for a full suit (120 tailor, 100 arms lore)?

2. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Is it worth it...... good luck keeping it filled. Esp if you have a good vendor spot. I know that Daniel had to give it up at the Yew Vendor house he could not keep it stocked not even by a long shot. Your not talking about huge gold per suit but its how fast it sells that will spin your head. If you want to even attempt to make this work have about 50k barbed leather stock piled before you try this. Or you will burn yourself out because it will feel all you do in this game is farm leather and stock that vendor.

3. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Delly had the same problem a few years back, so much so that she gave up.

And this was long before BoS nerf...

4. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

First thing you need to know in this case you shouldn't be in it for the profits when it comes to GM armor. Of course you will make a small fortune over time but nothing significant. If you do sell armor it would be best if you looked at it as like a service to the community that pays a little. Demand on particular types of leather suits will go up and down. Some days you may restock nothing, other days a few items; hehe and usually after a long weekend you should be ready to restock everything because you'll probably be sold out. If you can be sure to add some tailor repair deeds to your vendor cheap to make and easy to sell :)

5. phreephisher

phreephisher Guest

thanks for the input. the reason im gonna do it i like running a vendor. i feel as though im helping the community grow, even if it a small help. it sounds like there is a need, so now what i need to know is a price. whats a fair price on a barbed suit? i think trying both horned and barbed may be a little overwhelming, so ill look at that later.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I don't sell near as much as I did before cursed magincia artis etc, maybe I price it wrong, or sell the wrong kind.

to be honest I get more of a 'buzz' from seeing folk wearing stuff with my char's name on it than from the gp in the bank :D

7. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

My guildmate sells barbed suits and she charges 4k per suit...

8. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ya i sold alot. to hard to keep stocked but you look at it this way tnt/jsv/and a few more guilds thats all most of them wear. so you sell it fast. becouse they lose it fast as the buy it. :hahaha:

9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Mine always did great guns. But since they made leather so gal dern hard to gather in a short period of time, ive abandoned it. Used to log on fora few minutes a day, sick my dog on some dragies then bag it out. Now with greaters in the previously good leather spots and no bos... just too lazy.