1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Is anyone else having no luck making 100% elemental damage weapons since the last patch?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Llewen, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Just curious. I just burned through at least 10 dull copper hammers, and the best I could get was 70/30. I did some fooling around, and it appears to me that it is no longer possible to make 100% elemental damage weapons using powerful reforging. When I didn't use powerful reforging I got a 60/40 split, which appears to me to indicate that if you want to create a 100% elemental damage weapon you have to go beyond powerful reforging now.

Is anyone else experiencing this now?

swateam46 likes this.
  2. lit2fly

lit2fly Guest

you should use shadow runic instead...

3. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I swear read somewhere you cant get 100% from anything lower than a shadow, thats why iv always used shadow. Usually get 1 in 2 hammers.

Thunderz

4. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Shadow Runic Hammers with Powerful Reforging still make 100% Elemental Weps.
    Just the other day, i made 2 100% Fire Damage Soul Glaives for me and a friend. I imbued mine with 20% DI/30% SSI/Spider Slayer/37% Mana Leech (Capped)/50% HLD. I then imbued his with 30% DI/30% SSI/Spider Slayer/37% Mana Leech (Capped)/50% HLA. Between those 2 weps, Disco and a Greater Dragon tanking, Navrey goes down fast as hell. No need for Con Wep.

5. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Yeah this is not a change in the last patch. Semmerset posted some really good tables in the "Reforing Howto" thread in this forum.

6. MatlocK

MatlocK Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

So let me get this straight. In order to make 100% elemental damage weapons you should use a shadow runic hammer and select powerful re-forging and grand artifice w/ inspired artifice w/ exquisite /of Quality for the name?

7. ShadowTrauma

ShadowTrauma Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Correct Matlock, also remember if you get self repair from Exquisite/Quality it goes away during imbuing.

8. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Don't forget about enhancing. If you use a DC runic and get 60% fire you still can get to 100% fire with a bronze enhancement, though there is risk it will break.

ShadowTrauma likes this.
  9. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I tried this last night and the only hammer I could get a 100% elemental off was Shadow (70/30 seems to be the best I got with DC) I tried enhancing a few with bronze as suggested and broke them hehe!

10. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Risk... to lose an item you are going to trash :)

11. swateam46

swateam46 Guest

I've had the same problem... I was using DC Runic's...getting 70/30 elemental properties which is fine under normal circumstances. I was able to enhance all but the posien and energy weapons, due to the ingot property allowances. I forged three Diamond Maces, 1 War Axe and 2 Soul Glaives to 100% Fire. Other results yieled were; 2 War Axes, 3 Diamond Maces 1 Soul Glaive to 100% Cold. My Method, DC Runic-Powerful Reforge/Grand Artifice/Inspired Artifice/ Exquisite of Quailty. Held a +60ASH, Blacksmith Talisman, enhanced all but one, used a forge tool for that one. Should Find it to Burn 4 charges....

12. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

Would someone give me a rundown of slayer types with the best elemental damage types associated, I've just got turned on to this, and it will save me from casting CW. I just made several 100% fire, cold and energy weapons using Powerful Reforge with Exquisite/Quality.

13. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Undead - Fire
    Repond - Fire
    Reptile - Cold
    Arachnid - Fire
    Demon - Cold or Energy (Older Demon types are generally weaker to Energy, while newer Demon types are generally weaker to Cold)
    Elemental - Varies, Elemental's Resists vary so widely between types, that i just go with 100% Chaos Damage

14. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I've been using this method for quite a while with good success. Two to three days ago I made four 100% elementals in 3 hammers. However, today the best I can make is 30/70. Anyone else experiencing this using shadow runic/powerful/grand/inspired? And yes, I'm 100% sure that's what I was doing and it was a shadow runic.

15. Serafi

Serafi Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am on test center trying for a 100% elemental bow using Ash runic, but I too see only 70/30. According to the table posted this should work. Maybe it`s a streak of bad luck across all shards, I dunno.

16. Bryson

Bryson Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Im trying to reforge 100% cold damage on a composite bow. Ash runic fletching tools is all I have. Is there something else I can try? The bows give me everything else but still remains 100% physical damage. Frustrating but lucky I am burning through them at Test Centre. Help appreciated pls :D Cheers

17. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Oak should be what you use to get 100% elemental damage.

18. Cocaine1

Cocaine1 Seasoned Veteran

Read the 6 holy tables of reforging, and nescience will leave you:

And if read all that thread then you got Enreforgement!!!