1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is Anyone Having Problems Recently With Placing Faction-Related Items in Towns?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

With the recent unannounced restoration of guard zones in faction towns in Fel, it seems that perhaps a few special rules or exceptions that applied in these towns may have been deleted or disabled.

Since this forum seems to hit a wider audience than the Factions forum, I thought it might be helpful to ask here if anyone besides Arabella has noticed problems placing faction traps in faction towns (e.g., getting a message that traps can only be placed in a faction town)?

Has anyone other than Cash and MiNi MaGi had problems placing faction vendors or guards (e.g., sheriff or finance minister tries to place but gets message that he must be in a controlled town)?

2. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

yep we had these same issues on Origin with faction financiers and sherrifs not being able to do anything with vendors or guards either one.

its busted

3. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not to worry they will fix it once they figure out that you need to renounce your young status in order to see that there is a fel side of the game. They broke Maginicia when they removed the ghosts, and now there are only certain locations for faction guards.

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I hope that if whoever is working on the Magincia story line has to do anything with the Parliament building in Magincia, they remember that building and some of its surroundings make up the Council of Mages faction stronghold in Fel.

The last time they messed with that building back in late 2007, anyone that wanted to could stroll right into the faction stronghold; entrances that should have been closed with a solid wall were completely open; and the wall on the NE corner of the stronghold was completely gone. The special faction pedestals and stones were in place but in every other respect the building looked like the one in Trammel.

5. Mairut

Mairut Guest

I got stuck in Mag one time (recently, on my non-faction thief) near the faction base. Took a boat from... Ocllo? to the side of the base, south side. Got off, docked the boat, and then realized I couldn't recall out of there, teleport to the bridge or the other side of the bridge, and it took me a while to find the right spot to re-place the boat.

I didn't (and don't) see it as a major problem, and I'm not complaining, because that was a case of "user error". I could have used the stuck option anytime, but chose to exercise my brain (and the boat target) a little more than usual. :p

I just found it hilarious that the bridge and building would be off-limits to non-faction, but not the little bits of land around the building or bridge :lol:

Players will, no matter what the devs do, always find a way to get stuck somewhere that it shouldn't be humanly possible to get to in the first place rolleyes:

But to answer the original question, I haven't noticed or heard of anyone in my faction having problems placing things.

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Yes... Similar problems with faction towns on Siege. We cannot access Finance Minister gumps without getting the message "You must be in a faction town that you control...blahblahblah", despite being right next to the town stones. Commands for both Finance Minister and Sherriff are not working.

I presume that the game isn't recognizing we are in a faction town and that we control it. Haven't tried placing any traps, but it seems like that would fall under the same or similar coding issues.

The link below is to the faction forum where other players are having similar issues.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1619128#post1619128

7. Skyler

Skyler Guest

When are they going to fix this issue? Any word yet?

8. Coragin

Coragin Guest

Soon I hope...

9. It needs to be fixed.... how about they just remove the guard zones again while they're at it?