1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone using the masteries? (PVP)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by axegum, Nov 5, 2015.

1. axegum

axegum Visitor

Oct 27, 2015
    Besides the passives/buffs I don't see anyone using the new masteries, do you?

still no macro for some of the spells
    still one hour cool down on some of the spells
    still really bad spells with some skills ex. wrestling- everything about this sucks, chivalry- holy fist does crap damage and has a chance to slow for 1 second, uhh ok? Rejuvenate- one hour cooldown
    keyvan likes this.
  2. Low

Low Journeyman

Nov 27, 2014
    I've used the poison mastery but it uses a lot of mana and seems u can only apply greater poison not deadly. So I usually stick to the normal special...and the passive fencing resetting each login makes it worthless..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 12, 2008
    Since my recent return I seem to see a lot of RP-PVPers on cats spaming for various combat masteries.
  4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    Yeah, the wrestling mastery being so bad really annoys me. I was all prepped to make a character based around wrestling. They major change they made in development actually made it worse, taking the best ability putting it on a cooldown, and making only work when you get hit. It seems like they wanted to make it caster mastery rather than a combat one, which is a shame, because I really doubt anyone would ever use it as such.

To be fair, you can actually make it pretty good, but only with Beast Form that gives you a boost to unarmed, (though still easily worst than any AI weapon) but which leaves you on foot, meaning it's pointless in pvp.

Before anyone jumps on me, I tested it (because it was one of the things I was most interested in), and gave feedback several times.

The weapon masteries seem like they will obviously see play in pvp, but not until you can macro them.
  5. Lord Arm

Lord Arm Seasoned Veteran

Nov 18, 2014
    I have no problem with them at this time. they aren't made to be over powering, thank god. if they made them too powerful, they would be spending a lot of time adjusting. people complaining. aren't we powerful enough. I use them all the time. a couple can be seen as too powerful and a few are possibly too weak but seem to be fine for now. with them being shard bound, they will be very cheap on some shards, been seeing them on the ground a lot.
  6. Governor Ma Nerva

Governor Ma Nerva Adventurer

Mar 27, 2015
    i ate a poisoning volume 3 and can apply the dp poison with little problem.(few tries at times) and it lasts forever it seemed so you dont have to reapply it over and over. It does lower your targets poison resist base 30 for pvm and 15 for pvp.So , besides poisoning the target it lowers base which is a plus. A 100 poison bow and I see dead people.
  7. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 25, 2004
    Used Heighten Senses yesterday by accident, forgot it was even up when the guy dropped. I'd guess it's unsustainable in a prolonged fight due to the mana maintenance though.

Death Ray isn't bad either, but EXTREMELY situational. I managed to hit a guy with it twice yesterday, though he didn't notice it until the second hit - 35 damage on the first hit, 33 on the second.

They already are. I just checked and there's a bunch (possibly all, I don't have a book of Masteries on Atlantic, so I can't tell if any are missing from the list) at the bottom of the "Cast Spell" menu in the CC. Dunno where they are in the EC, but I'm gonna add Shield Bash & Heighten Senses macros when I go on LS later.
  8. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

Sep 18, 2003
    i actually have been seeing this as well.
    they need to get some spell binders going for these books and also some mastery book books so we can warehouse them.

i was over x-sharding the other day and found a couple level 3's for what i considered dirt cheap, purchased, ate them then x-sharded back home.
    saved myself over 50 mill from buying them on my home shard.
    that in it self made the shard shield jump worth doing.