1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Begging] is begging worth it?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by haladrigis, Oct 13, 2008.

1. haladrigis

haladrigis Guest

hail! i am making a archer/fisherman and didnt really know what other skill to throw on him to fill out his temp. would begging be worth putting on him or is it truely just for role playing? what are the benefits of having this skill is it as worthless as herding?

2. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Come on dude, the skill is "begging".

How useful do you think it's going to be on an Fisherman?

You can beg for worthless amounts of gold and rare foods.
    Also other items during Halloween I hear.

3. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

My main character is a fisherman/beggar.

GM fishing
    GM begging
    GM magery (scrolled to 110) I use a +10 bracelet
    GM eval
    GM meditation
    GM hiding
    80 stealth
    35 ninja +10 ninja item lets me take dog form

This character is able to go to any content in the game and walk away alive for the most part.

Benefits of begging skill;

Beggable items from heartwood NPCs
    Best character title in the game for RP
    Free gold

4. Fink

Fink Guest

I'm guessing you haven't played a shepherd before, either.

5. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Oh my friend, a stealth begging herder is a blast to play. I love it, herd up a bunch of animals in stealth mode, then drag them to a friends house or Luna lol. But I digress. I love the begging aspect too. It's handy for a few weeks out of the year. I made a good bit of money selling sets of the Halloween items last year. And some people while buy some of the rarer items you get from heartwood for fair money. And yes RP it's a blast!!!

6. I like hearding cows them into deluca bank to see how many fit.

7. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

*makes mental note to add stealth to her GM beggar/herder* :thumbup:

8. Fink

Fink Guest

Stealth-herding's good for guarding Destard's champ spawn.. you can cram a mess of dragons in the entrance to upset crashers and pull the spawn around so it's manageable. Also good for retrieving cu sidhes from the desert from among the paragon changelings and pinning them down for taming, or bringing the fire beetle down to the entrance of the mine for easy taming. Handy for picking out greater dragons for loring/taming. Good for pairing up critters for provoking, etc..

..and Herding alone is also just a lot of fun to bring your own petting zoo to the bank and beg for donations. :D

9. A couple times a Cu sidhes go wild in a city. Tameing there would get the guards and poof no more doggy. So just heard it out of the city to a waiting tamer. Many of the ones in there are better than most you get.

Better yet it may be fully trained.

10. Looks like Halloween has brought out the stealth hearedrs. Luna is now under attack from a plague of locust. Must be 30 of them running loose.

You should hear all the comments.

Get the Raid
    Weapon of the furure
    Better than wrath form

Just for a couple.

I wonder what eles is going to happen this Halloween.