1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is Blackrock still spawning?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rocklin, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

I have heard that small Blackrock is still spawning. I have been mining all day without a single piece dropping. Either I am doing this wrong, or the spawn has stopped. Anyone know?

2. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've done a bit of mining the past few days, and I have had a few pieces of blackrock, so yes, it is still spawning :)

3. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Yes it spawns, no you cant pull the eles and no you cant infect anything atm

4. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

Is this just from regular mining in any area? Do you have to be 100 skill? Not sure if I am doing something wrong. Thanks.

5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Last i heard it was 99 skill for blackrock and gm for gems but i may be wrong and it be gm for both but yes ive always got in all locations (although i tend to mine in caves)

6. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master

I don't know what skill you need to mine it. I'm 100 real skill and I use the +5 mining skill gloves, and I mine in fel.

7. 95 skill for gems and I think blackrock was the same.

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I think the drop rate is something like 1/10th to 1/20th the chance of getting a gem ... so a little bad/good luck can easily lead to long spawns of no blackrock.

9. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

gm for gems or 95 + 5 mining gloves to equal 100.

10. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Does luck, the kind added in game, have anything to do with being able to get gems and/or blackrock?

11. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I've never actually sat down and crunched stats (I only make a mining run every now and then), but I do not believe so.

12. Capricious

Capricious Guest

Has there been any mention of them fixing blackrock infecting?

13. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Only that there are still plans for blackrock ... I haven't seen a statement about the infection system.