1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Magery] Is Casting Focus Only Used With Wrestling?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Igg A Pie, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

like I stated in the post, if you have casting focus, can it only be used when you have the wrestling skill? or can it be used when you have defensive wrestling( 120 ei and 100 anatomy)? or how bout if you use a mage wep skill. the way I understood it gives you a percentage chance not to fizzle a spell but I am not sure under what conditions

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Its to help stop the fizzles for mage spells. Its capped at 12% from items and if you have scribe you get an extra 5% bonus so 17%

3. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper

thx DJ but I knew that. what id like to know is if that applies to defensive wrestling and/or a mage wep as I assume it does with the wrestling skill

4. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What conditions? Well....
    Ask yourself what conditions CAUSE a spell to fizzle? If you came up with taking damage or being interrupted (cursed/weaken etc )then you are correct. Casting focus is simply a percentage chance to NOT fizzle (aka have your spell interupted) Casting Focus functions regardless of what skills you have. Though honestly having a skill that allows you to CAST is kinda the whole point. Does having a mage weapon matter? Only in that it makes you get hit less often by physical attacks so it's obviously better to not be hit.....

5. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper

once again thank you! for the advice!