1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is Doom Broken

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Winterfell, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Winterfell

Winterfell Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Just aquick question, is anyone else getting Arti's out of Doom? I have done it quite abit now, and haven't had a drop for along time. Yes some have been in a group at times but mostly just two ppl doing Rooms and DF's. Yes I have some luck but not uber, but still I would have though by now something.

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm the wrong person to ask.

I have never received a drop in Doom.

Ever.

Granted, until two weeks ago, I went a year without going to Doom (see my drop-record as to why), but I have gone around about a dozen times in the last two weeks and have found my record hasn't changed.

*shrugs*
    Oh well, I'll get my Doom arties the old fashioned way. I'll buy them.
    (In the same time, people I hunted with have received arties, so I will go so far as to say it isn't broken)

3. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Last time I was in doom was long ago, but they had the auto drop thingy. You rack up enough points and an artie pops in your backpack.

4. Whinemaker

Whinemaker Guest

I've had times when I got 4 arties in one hour, and I've had times when I got only 1 arty after 4 hours.

It's all real life luck, really.

Keep camping and eventually you'll get one.

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think it's a character thing.
    My tamer has never gotten one, even after they put in the "point" system. My macer has gotten around 30. My bard mage 5.

To answer the OP doom is working fine on Catskills.

6. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I used to get a drop every third or fourth time around the gauntlet. Now, I get something once every few trips to Doom.

7. Really? I got a drop 3 months after I first started playing UO. It was some blue bracelet. I can't remember what it was called.....:gee:

Seriously, I've heard of this phenomenon, but haven't experienced it myself. Every character I've taken to Doom has managed at least a drop or 50.

8. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That would make sense. I only ever bring my archer down there and haven't tried any other characters (except for one circuit with my new Sampire).

Maybe I should try taking someone else for a while.

9. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Interesting. I'd think your archer would be your best bet. I've gotten more drops with my ABC archer/weaver than with my archer/bard or sampire.

10. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Group of 13 of us were there last night in fact, odd coincidence lol. I got 3 drops on a Mystic/Mage/Weaver, minimal luck (140 plus luck statue for some of it lol). Another guild mate got 2 drops on a tamer with 1800ish luck, and another tamer got 1 drop with no luck. We had a Disco/Mystic/Mage/Weaver with us that got no drops with a 2200+ luck suit on. I had a level 6 Focus for Weaving so that helped a lot and I was getting the kill shot on a lot of things.

I have got to say, RC + Demon Slayer Spellbook + Spellplague + Bombard + WoD = Bad day for the DF lol. I was getting some Spellplague hits at 220 per hit and it was hitting 4+ times, Bombard was doing 180 on most shots and WoD was hitting for 567 (all with Arcane Empowerment being used and 25 SDI).

So I would say no, Doom is not broken.

11. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ROFL no, the Gauntlet, is not broken. I solo'd it with my Mystic Mage and got a Jackal's Collar off a DF last week. Also, you don't need luck anymore. It helps, but eventually, you get an arty either way.

12. Winterfell

Winterfell Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the replies ppl, quess I'll just keep on trying :(

13. Winterfell

Winterfell Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well logged on and tried Doom again, got an arti in first room..LOL, maybe new embued luck suit worked, don't know, but at least finally got something. deaths breath or something similar.

14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

congrats :)

15. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran

If your getting looting rights to the bosses and DF you will get a drop but it might take 3 hours+. The longest my ABC archer has went without a drop is about an hour he uses a demon/elemental double slayer jaka bow imbued with di and ssi. I hit df for 195-235 and critical hits are over 300. The only draw backs I have are blood oath and running out of arrows and bandies.