1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Provocation] Is gain by using Masteries broken?

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by startle, Aug 11, 2013.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

My bard on Siege is 91 Provo and has completed the quest for Provo. However he can't seem to gain by using Inspire. I know I have a Bard on Pac that used the Masteries to gain... Sup with that?

2. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

The usual, check your skill total, skill is marked up etc. Also if your musicianship is above 100 you'll may also find you have lower gains.

3. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Hi Logrus,

Should have prefaced my original question with at least mentioning that I've trained over 40 chars since '98, but then - if I'm missing something obvious I'd feel pretty dumb... Yea, Provo is arrow-up and my real skill total is like 650 so there's plenty of room to gain... I remember training probably my 4th Bard right after they introduced the Mastery's.. In fact, it was because of the ability to use the Bard Masteries to train that I even bothered making my Bard/Tamer. So I know you used to be able to train that way. But my new Bard on Siege has tried and tried Inspire and it just won't budge that way. I can gain every time by actually using Provo, but that's it...

4. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

On SP there is no sense to use Masteries for training. You gain 0.1 every 10-15 minutes depending on your skill level. And chance to gain is very close to 100%. If you use Pinco's UI you can see how much time is left for the next gain. Wait then use a skill one (may be two) times and get 0.1

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  5. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I figured you know what you're doing, just thought to mention skill setup as a reminder, I've forgotten myself sometimes. There shouldn't be any reason you cant gain using the mastery abilities. You can try alternating them, (for some weird reason that seems to work best for me)

6. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

• Rate Over Timeskill gain
      • Skill points for skills less than 70 points will gain as normal shards.
      • Skill points for skills between 70 and 79.9 points will have a delay of 5 minutes between points gained.
      • Skill points for skills between 80 and 89.9 will have a delay of 8 minutes between points gained.
      • Skill points for skills between 90 and 99.9 will have a delay of 12 minutes between points gained.
      • Skill points for skills between 100 and 109.9 will have a delay of 15 minutes between points gained.
      • Skill points for skills between 110 and 120 will have a delay of 15 minutes between points gained.

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  7. Sahjahn

Sahjahn Visitor

I'm curious as to where exactly this is in Pinco's UI.

8. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Open "Skills" ("K" hotkey).

9. Sahjahn

Sahjahn Visitor

I must me missing something here. I see nothing in the Skills window that will inform me of when I am due for a sill gain.

10. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Tactics
    ROT > 10 min
    Rot.png

11. Sahjahn

Sahjahn Visitor

TY for the response. Mine does not show like that. Maybe there's a setting to switch it on and off?

12. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know.

13. Trydon

Trydon Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Can anyone help me understand what is going on. i have read all of Poo's recommendations for training Provo. I created a character, 50 Provo. followed the guide until 100. i then started casting Inspire. which got me to about 110 in a day. however after 48 hours i cannot get past 116.4 in the last 10 hours i have not gained a single point. I'm using vendor bought Instruments. my total skill points is 250. Am i missing something here? because i want to get to 120 before i move onto my next bard skill!
    Regards
    B

14. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Try enabling the skill tracker and see what happens.

15. Sahjahn

Sahjahn Visitor

It is.