1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is GGS broken ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Sep 9, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have not been taming in days, perhaps a whole week now.

I have Chivalry marked down and some 20 points to burn (for those wondering if I was at skill CAP...).

I went to tame a few ki-rins to get a GGS gain but nothing, none, nada, nils. Taming is marked to go UP.

How is this possible other than GGS is broken, somehow ??

I should have gotten a 0.1 gain for sure, otherwise why is it called Guaranteed Gain System ??

Anyone knows ?

2. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online - Play the 14-Day Free Trial!

A gain is guaranteed, just not each time you log in, or every day.... although if you are right and you'd not used taming for a whole week, it's odd you are not gaining yet.

Edit : Weird, that link goes to the page on UO.com for GGS, not the '14 day free trial', despite what it says!

3. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Have you tried to flush unwanted skill to soulstone?

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Many many moons ago, I submitted a very detailed set of questions in the Ask The Devs section of Stratics regarding the possibility that some skills "decay" faster or slower than others. I never saw any kind of reply.

Here's a thread in the "UO Players Corner" forum that shows what I asked: http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-play...king-list-skills-ranked-decay-difficulty.html.

I still think some skills are harder to lose points in than others, perhaps depending on which skills you have room to grow in. But I guess no one on the dev team knows the answer or if they do, figures it's worth their time to write up a response.

5. popps

popps Always Present

I will try to make more room for skills soulstoning some of them and see what happens.

6. Babble

Babble Guest

It can take quite some time for the next ggs on high levels with 720 skills

7. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Is your character human? Are you looking at REAL skill levels? Was that Chivalry exactly 20?

If you answered y,n,y then it might be JOAT.

8. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Did you click "show real" skills?

9. popps

popps Always Present

Yes, Yes and Yes.

I thought about the JOAT so looked at chivalry if they were real....

10. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have to agree with the OP. In my case, Mysticism (which is now at 116.8) has not gained in over a week. I log in and use all Mysticism spells daily. My total skills are at 702, Mysticism is marked up, a couple other skills are marked down, and I am running at real skill level. I have no mysticism enhancing objects. I doubt that guaranteed skill gain works the way most people think.

11. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'm with Tina on the skill drop - it looks for the first Dn. skill (in order) on the list she posted to take points from.
    Buy a couple points in Alchemy & point it down

12. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Tina I remember what you are asking about. Power hour, 8x8 and rocking skills for stat gains went away and now we have the GGS. Stat gains are now capped with the new GGS.

Skill Gain Systems At the bottom of the page.
    •Players will be allowed to gain 15 stat points a day.

Skill Management
    All skills now have a primary and secondary stat. The primary stat will rise 75% of the time. The secondary stat will rise 25% of the time. If the primary stat is not set to “gain”, the secondary stat will be chosen. If the primary and secondary stats are both locked or set to “decrease”, neither stat will rise.

Soulstone off unneeded skill and train a skill with prim stat you want raised.

13. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

JOAT does not show on your skill list. I have a char with 78.6 lockpicking. That is the only skill on this player. Switching between show real does nothing. It is not JOAT.

14. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Popps
    Had the same problem awhile back. Remove all skill add-on items: jewelery, books, tallies, equipment anything that might increase any skill.

Don't ask why because I do not know. Taming was stuck at 114.3 real and I had no gains in 2 wks. Tamed every day, no luck. Got done with Swoop and had my luck suit on (it has no, none skill add-ons). Went out taming Unis and got a gain 2nd Uni. 2 days later put on tamer suit with skill add-ons no gains. Took suit off and tamed Uni (naked) and got my gain. You may have to log out with skill add-ons removed and then log back in.

I think GGS see skills go up with skill add-ons and it might mess it up. Please just try it and see if it works. If it works then just accept it and please do not come back with a 10 page report asking why.

15. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Try a SoT - maybe it resolve blockade.

16. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Try taming something harder if you can. Sometimes it will stop giving gains unless you move up to a higher level creasure even though technically it should give them.

17. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Get a boat, and do it. Mysticism is 4 days to 120 from original skill. I've done this several times now.

18. About 5 days for me killing Gypsies on Barrier Island, using only Myst spells. When skill gains got slow, I add skill jewelry so I can start on the next higher level spell, then take them off when I can cast with real skill.

19. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

That's a 15 points of Guaranteed gains (per skill) cap. Outside of the GGS , there's no cap on gains to a stat.

20. Fink

Fink Guest

Try challenging yourself a little more.

21. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You need to go to the page in the link. It is copied word for word.

22. Isn't that cap just for Siege/Mugen?

23. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I had read the link before I posted.From my experience, it's not capped at 15 on L.S. I gm'd music in roughly 1 hr, Twice, unless you're Only talking about ggs gain

24. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i do ggs on tamer and for awhile i was getting a gain once per day now that im at a high level a lil past 117 i only get one every 2 or 3 days
    i just go tame 1 bull and i always get a gain on the very first bull every third day
    i been doin that for quite a while and never had any problems

25. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I got one of my tamers to 120 by taming 1 bull every 25 hours. It worked... hmmm might try taking off all jewelry for a full day and then go try a bull in del..

26. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You are right, my bad. Was in a hurry.

27. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

popps, let us know what you do/did to finally get a gain, please