1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is GM Anatomy 120 Eval Defensive Combat BROKEN? I have heard different views.

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Dan123The123Man, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Dan123The123Man

Dan123The123Man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have heard different views, is this broken or what? Having 120 Eval and GM Anatomy, I have heard that this recent patch broke it but i dont know, is it broken?

2. Vaneca

Vaneca Guest

From what I experienced lately trying it in pvp it is not working properly.
    Wrestling works way better for me.

3. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I agree that wrestling is working much better. I lost 20 med on my main template but the difference between wrestle and eval/anat is so significant I'm sticking with it. Plus with a dex potion you can disarm pretty decently.

4. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

so, a template with say
    120 magery
    120 eval
    120 resist
    100 scribe
    80 poisoning
    120 wrestling

leaves 60 med on 720 template

maybe 90 med with 30 on ring/bracelet?

in lieu of 110 med with gm anatomy?

would this work now?

5. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You'll have to play with it and decide whether that's enough MR. 30 med on ring/brace would take up 280/1000 intensity on your jewels though. That would make fitting much FC, FCR, DCI, SDI, and EP in very difficult.

6. Lavits

Lavits Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I currently run a similar template with one ofmy mages. The low med really only affects me when the fight is long and drawn out. In which case you have a few options. One in which I find useful is in group fights is once you run low start healing other members of your party guild or what have you. If your MR is sufficient you'll gain your mana back pretty fast.
    Another suggestion is to try it out on test and find your comfort level.

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Lots of people run around without resist. I tend to mana vamp a lot when I'm playing on a cramped template that has minimal med.

8. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes.. mana vampire works wonders. If you have a necro with you then you can EO vamp anyone for some mana. Also mana draughts are handy, you can't insure them but they will restore a little mana when consumed. And then a mana phase talismen for an emergency.. one spell for free doesn't sound great but it can be huge sometimes.

9. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I never remember to use the following items:

Runed warding sash
    mana phasing orb charges
    damage removal talismans

I have a mouse with 14 buttons that I got specifically for using consumables. You would think I'd remember to use it eh?

10. Jancecapade

Jancecapade Guest

14 buttons?!?!?!? but you only have 5 digits. how are you supposed to be able to hit all of them while controling your movement?

11. RuSini Neb

RuSini Neb Journeyman

12. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Same one I'm using. I love that thing.

The top two buttons by the left click button are my mount/dismount.

Then the 1-14 I have set for all my consumables. Heal wands, tele rings, equip invis items, pots, apples, runed warding sashes, mana phase orb use, etc, etc.

13. L1Z4RD

L1Z4RD Guest

Don't you need tactics now for wrestling specials???

14. Ivor_MacGregor

Ivor_MacGregor Journeyman

no you don't need tactics.

I run the following pvm/pvp template

120 magery
    120 ei
    120 resist
    120 mystic
    120 focus
    120 wrestling
    40 meditation

I created a suit that sacrifices DCI (at 45 instead of 70) for maxed hpr (18). It is capped in all other mage stats with 137 hp (without the use of pots).

I found using wrestling incredible both for pvm and pvp. In pvm, I can use any spell book and not worry about disruption at spawns. I also run 4 faster casting in pvm for stone form. My biggest problem is collecting an entire set of faster casting 1 slayer books. I sometimes swap out resist for spellweaving or to top off 120 meditation. However, I love using resist for obvious reasons. Running only 40 meditation takes some getting used to, even with a high MR suit. You have to be careful which spells you use and when.
    For pvp, wrestling is great for pot chugging, disarming mages and warriors alike. Mysticism has become a favorite of mine for almost any pvm situation, and is especially powerful in pvp.

The one thing I am most impressed with is how well 18hpr works. I can't count the number of times I survived pvp encounters and hairy pvm situations because of wrestling and 18hpr.

15. L1Z4RD

L1Z4RD Guest

Thanks, I started a new thread on that subject since this one didnt get answered.....

im building a wrestling nox necro mage atm....should be fun for pvp and effective at spawns. Thanks for the build info, makes for a good reference.