1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is healing (bandage) difficulty based?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Duncan McDermott, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

Does it make a difference in skill gain if the difficulty level to heal is very easy? If it does how would I make it more difficult? Wearing armor just decreases the amount of damage.

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

After 60 Healing you'll want the target poisoned to get the best gains. Once you get to 90, training works best on a dead person.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yes it is difficulty based... Depending on how high or low your Healing is being poisoned often makes it more "difficult" to heal and gives better gains... But if you are under I think 60 or so you can't heal poison...

There is a quest in Ter Mur that gets you a very handy item that pretty much tells you how easy or difficult the skill you are using is... giving you an idea of how "challenging" it is. This might be helpful http://www.uoguide.com/Crystal_ball_of_knowledge

4. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

How badly damaged the target is also affects the difficulty of healing, and therefore the skill gain. To GM Healing on my chars with GM Chiv, i'd just cast Noble Sacrifice to reduce myself to 1 Health, then heal with bandies back up. Rinse and repeat.

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Just grab a load of bandies and a cloak of corruption. Make a macro to bandage self and wear the cloak. May not be the fastest method but you can leave it running all day.

Odin of LS and Scribbles like this.
  6. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Well you still need to activate the macro regularly since looping is illegal isnt it??

Also you lose a lot of fame this way....not so good if you are training a paladin

#6 TimberWolf, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  7. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

My guy is a Pally and has 87 healing, I do have the ball of knowledge and it kept giving me the message that the difficulty was very easy.
    So If I cast sacrifice on myself that won't lower my title(karma& Fame)? I'll give it a try

Realized I had to have another character in the house with me to achieve NS. Worked like a charm Thank You for the help.

Healing still says very easy though.

#7 Duncan McDermott, Aug 4, 2015
  8. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

Go to the tentacle of the harrower in khaldun ( not sure if I spelled that correctly). It does an area damage . You can sit in one spot and keep healing till gm. This is also a great spot to train archery, throwing, tactics, and anatomy from 80 to 120.

Odin of LS likes this.
  9. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

It might well be but I've used this method a few times (while standing in Luna bank so I don't time out) and never had anything happen lol. Remember you can get away with a lot of "illegal" things in this game as sadly the team don't seem to care.

Ps. It's not technically looped. It's just a very very long macro in the EC so I don't think that is illegal as I'm doing everything using official software and not 3rd party apps.

TimberWolf likes this.
  10. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A macro that lasts all day...wow gotta try that :)

We dont want to start another debate on bank sitting and whether or not it is against the rules of conduct. :)

DJAd likes this.
  11. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

The old roll of quaters on the F1 key... oh memories.

12. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

If you can macro it in the EC, it's legal by definition. Case closed.

Lord Frodo and DJAd like this.
  13. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

hehe, I always broke a matchstick and wedged it in there. :naughty-angel:

Odin of LS and Scribbles like this.
  14. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

A penny, used to wedge the key down, then sit at the keyboard and read!

Lord Frodo, Odin of LS and Scribbles like this.
  15. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You can hire an NPC for like 6 gold/UO day, and cast Noble Sacrifice when he's near you. After you cast Noble Sacrifice, and heal with a bandage, you should see two skill checks for Healing. One will say "Very Easy", the other will say either "Challenging" or "Optimal".
    This can be combined with the Satyr Trick in Twisted Weald for even faster gains, assuming you still have enough skill to cast Noble Sacrifice after being Discoed. +Chiv Jewelry helps there.

You lose Karma every 30 secs while wearing the Cloak of Corruption, not fame. You can get down to the cap of -32,000 Karma this way, which is good for Necros since the lower their Karma, the more Mana a Shadow Wisp gives them.

I'd just set a large, heavy nut or bolt on the key.

#15 PlayerSkillFTW, Aug 4, 2015
  16. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I just use the speedpad.... Logitech G-13 speedpad... works wonders for many games.

17. Seelendolch

Seelendolch Adventurer

[​IMG]

Lord Frodo likes this.