In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UHall' started by MoonglowMerchant, Aug 20, 2009.
If not, what is?
not the way it is now the way wilki was going to change it was
and the hardest thing in uo to understand is ssi
The Avatar was bored.. and learned to make whatever he wanted by bribing the lower people into bringing him the ingredients....
I posted a history of the throwing formulas throughout closed beta in the warrior's forum, check it out.
Throwing is pretty ridiculous, yeah.
But the weighted properties for imbuing just suck. It was fine in it's first form at the beginning of closed beta IMO :/
Oh not by a long shot.
1. Why aren't turtles a reptile in UO?
2. Why do I lose coherence sometimes when trying to use my moongate?
3. Why do I always see deathwatch beetle hatchlings, but have yet to see a deathwatch beetle egg?
4. Why don't town criers have a clue as to what is going on?
5. Why are firework wands so pathetic?
6. Why does leather armor have physical resists as good as metal?
7. Why did they put Buccaneer's Den on top of so many server boundaries?
8. Why does Brittan have a sewer, but no bathrooms?
9. Why doesn't eating give you stamina or health, according to the experience and training of the cook?
10. Imbue (def.) To fill a person with certain feelings or qualities or opinions. --- What's that got to do with enchanting objects with magic spells or endowing objects with special abilities, power or quality?
they threw out the weighted property thing did they not?
Nope, they threw out the idea of only being able to add 300% weighted intensity, forcing you to have existing items to use as a base. The craptastic weighted properties are still in. Or at least I think so... :/
I like this guy.
Im with him
Ok, yeah, throwing is the most complicated thing I've seen.
The most confusing thing to understand in UO is how Luck is calculated on drops
Simple, for me at least: it's not.
My loot is the same level of crap whether I have 0 or 2000 luck.
I think that's a leftover from an old exploit, although, interestingly, I've noticed it happening to me more often than usual in the last couple of weeks.
Bloody good question!
I've often wondered that myself...
Imbuing isn't that confusing at all.
You use the skill, you choose what you imbue and how you want to imbue it, you put ingredients in your bag, you confirm.
It's that easy.
The rest is just math, and I'm sure that some people will tell us how to max out the chances of a good jewel before too long. So that's just ofllowing orders too.
imbuing is not that hard.Maybe the maths behind it is some kind of hard for some people.
There are ALOT of maths behind the scenes that we dont care about when we play.Im sure that after tge release of SA people will just do what the always have,just play the game.
You want to imbue a property,just choose it.
Maybe weight thing will make chaos in the beguining.You cant just choose all the top wanted properties at 100% that will not work.
I think the most confusing and a curse to players thing in the game is the RNG
Random Number Generator .........
That would be the RNG... Random Number Generator.
The Random Generator Number would be 7 for today, and it's the generator most likely to lose power.
No...it's beggin strips.
Idk, it took me years after pub 16 to re figure out UO.
... hum... UO Women?
*front shields up at 100%, mr scott*
i have a guy in my guild thats done nothing but hang on beta these past few weeks and craft constantly, using imbuing to see what works and what doesnt'. i'm one of those guys that could care less and if he wants to do the heavy lifting to figure it out and give us the update so be it. i must say he has it pretty well sussed out.
my question is will we as players need to embrace it if we want to compete in the pvp arena or will it be akin to running around with old school armor while opponents are factioned out. his idea is that imbuing will have more direct benefits for dexxer templates rather than mages.
Imbuing would be less confusing if they add some feedback on the crafting menu.
1)It tells you how much ingredients you need, but should tell me what I have on me right next to the items.
2)It should give the % of the properties that the item is worth. Like if I loot a ring, it should say it's got 200% out of 450% Cap on it. I can't sit there trying to add these things up and guess at it.
Actually the most confusing/hard to understand is Age of Shadow.
other than that the most confusing/hard to understand thing in the history of UO is totally the release of tamable dread warhorses and ancient wyrms, I mean super dragons.
*puts on my europa gold colored Shroud of Flame Proof*
I remember when the boards would explain again and again and again how to do 8x8 method. That would be my suggestion for most confusing.
...hhm... RL Women too?
*Set deflector shields to double front, Chewy.*
Chopping wood without taking down a tree.
Item Properties in general are confusing. It would be very, very hard to make something based around them that wasn't also at least somewhat confusing.
Let's see... confusing hard to understand things in UO:
1. why item components have no bearing on the final item cost and weight
2. why a log or board can only make one shaft for arrows
3. why you can carry one hundred armoirs in a bag in your backpack... which can be extended to almost everything bigger than your hand.
4. why elves wouldn't know how to make stools. Says something about their intelligence.
more as I think of them
Why people still play 2D.
Sorry, had to say it