1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Inscription] Is inscription really this much of a bother?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Yadd of Legends, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Finally GM'd inscription for the first time on any character, trying for a spellbook with magery and meditation. Character has 115 magery, GM inscription and talisman with 18 inscription/21 exceptional. I spent a couple hours rounding up 25k scrolls and made 2800 spellbooks. Not a single one with magery + meditation. Does this sound like just the usual bad luck, or are there any other factors I should consider (other than trying to buy one in general chat)? Thanks for advice.

2. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

when i did similar had 120 magery 120 med 120 eval gm inscribe got some decent numbers per books/scrolls burnt for slayers what i was looking for not sure if other skills were needed but what build was plus a library totem that was maxed out

random numb er generator in uo is very finicky think high magery though makes a difference

3. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Update - I quit trying after going through another 25k scrolls with still not one spellbook with both magery and meditation. This is still possible, isn't it?

4. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes it is still possible..

5. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Thanks. Is it just me, or does anybody else wonder if inscribing spellbooks should be more like imbuing rather than totally random - and why we have to spend a half day before we can buy 500 scrolls at a time?

6. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Imbuing spellbooks would be nice, aye. Or at least having a way to "reforge" them would be of great help when trying to get decent books.
    And I surely hate having to work up vendors to be able to buy a decent amount of scrolls...

startle and Yadd of Legends like this.