1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is it intented that some Captains in Blackthorn Dungeon have incredibly higher hitpoints?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Drowy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Some got normal hp and some dont. It doesnt matter which kind of captain it is. Anyone knows if its intended?

2. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wonder if they are affected by something that we had been told happened in Blackthorn's, sometimes 'normal' monsters there can spawn with very boosted HP - though the ones I have seen tend to have much poorer resists as a tradeoff. Seems possible it's a 'dungeon wide' effect so a few Captains get the same thing happen?

3. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

If I recall correctly, it seems that about 20% or so of any type of mob will spawn with higher than normal hit points. Sort of like the Ilshenar Paragon mobs but at a slightly higher rate.

4. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That would probably be the "Bane" property on the weapons that drop from the Shadow lord boss in the "Exploring the Deep" Quest.

The city invasions, exploring/deep, & Blackthorn's basement were all part of the same story arch.

Since the "Bane" damage is reduced by Physical resistance and it does a % of the targets max hp in damage, it only makes sense that they'd have the mobs spawn randomly with extremely low resistances and higher hp, or as they should normally.

5. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Curious if the GD's with higher HP would have higher than normal HPs when tamed....

6. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've tried to get one to spawn with more hp than normal, I've had no luck, only killed 20~ or so though a few weeks after the dungeon was opened up.

It seems it's impossible to get any of the tameable creatures to spawn with extra hp/low resist. I tried with the hell hounds too, more so than the GDs. no luck on that either.

7. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That will be a long shot - but it should be possible. But, first you have to get a dragon to spawn with 1900+ hp - then you have to be lucky that it is boosted up...

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I worded the original post a bit poorly, I'd meant these HP boosted captains were being 'affected' by the code for the Dungeon that boosts some creature HPs ;) I'd forgotten about the 'bane' property on weapons though, and having re-read what it's meant to I'm seriously considering a spellweaver/archer using a bane bow and WoD to really hammer a badly wounded monster....

9. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm just theory crafting here so this may be wholly inaccurate but....

I believe these were originally tested on some live servers as a "trial by fire" for these mobs. When it took place they were really nasty. We died... so much... so many death robes... The mobs we were dealing with at the time were then tweaked and shortly afterwards the Invasion started. They were eerily similar to the "tweaked" mobs. They seemed pretty normal then they were transferred to Blackthorn's Dungeon.

This is when things got hinky. Not only would some of them randomly spawn in the overworld, but every now and again they would revert back to super sayen strength. I think the tweak doesn't hold sometimes and we end up with something overly powerful when it comes to the stats.