1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to get this running on a mac?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Yazman, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Yazman

Yazman Guest

ok so I am currently living with my gf but she only has a macbook.. :( so I don't have my PC at the moment.

Is it possible to get UO running on a mac at all? I do have an intel-based mac and I believe if I just installed windows XP that would fix everything, but is there a way I can get it running natively? With emulation software or something?
  2. You're not going to get it to work natively. The software does not support Macs.
  3. Yazman

Yazman Guest

Yeah thats why I'm curious about getting emulation software or something... unless I just install Windows XP (I can do this) and run a dualboot so I can have UO.
  4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
    Bootcamp is your best bet. This will allow you to run XP on your Mac. I can't say I really recommend it, though. You'll have to split your HD...and no guarantee bootcamp won't screw up your gf's Mac.

Wish there were a better option... :-(
  5. Yazman

Yazman Guest

I did it guys! I got this program called Crossover Games, and it works perfectly, except for a bit of graphics lag occasionally but its basically 95% fine!