1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to solo a Champ Spawn?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fatbobby1, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Fatbobby1

Fatbobby1 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Assuming you don't get raided.

If so, which spawn, what template is used and what tactics are employed? I'm still fairly new to spawns, but I'd like to give it a go by myself or with one other person. Thank you.

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The ratman spawn is by far the easiest. I have heard that those who are good at necromancy can do the whole spawn with little to no help. I have not seen it with my own eyes though.

3. I don't know about now because the champ is much harder but, it was at least doable at some point in the past with rat spawns. It apparently took a long time and very good methodology. Maybe the people used a necromage to work most or all of the spawn levels and then switched to a tamer for the champ. Not sure but that sounds possible.

My guild raided someone who appeared to have worked the spawn alone, and he had the champ up and a beetle-bake on hand to kill the champ. Rat spawn of course, in fact Despise.

4. I've solo'd a few. Rats is by far the easiest, as others have said. Demon used to be possible before they gave champs steroids, haven't tried it lately. Necromage template with area peace and wither.

5. Necro Bards with the Kasa / Pendant / Spellwoven / Crystalline / Scrapper's suit can solo rat spawns all day long.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

You can do the entire ratman spawn solo on a dexxer if you have the right stuff.

Swordsmanship and 3 or 4 soulseekers in your pack with a vermin slayer talisman is what I used for it. It also helps a lot if you have some apples orange petals a trap box and enhanced bandages but you can still do it without those. For the boss use eoo consecrate wep and devine fury and try not to waste mana on specials with the slayer talisman and soulseeker you will be hitting pretty hard so just keep those spells active and go to town on the boss until you get beat up then back up to heal and go back at it. It will take a while but you can get it done this way.

7. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, very possible, for some anyways. Depends greatly on what char you use (i suggest Necro/Mage or Dexer), and your equipment. Obviously also the spawn type has a huge impact, from easiest to hardest I would say... Rats, Dragon, Spiders, Demon, Oaks, Undead.

The different champions also require special planning, while an Archer is probably the best choice for killing Baracoon, using that same char to kill Semidar might not be the best idea, especially if the char is male [​IMG], for her I suggest 2 (or more) xhealing female dexers.

8. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I was going to say I certainly hope not. Being a social game and all... but then again with the last few expansions.

9. Just finished one... yes it is.

10. Fatbobby1

Fatbobby1 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Just finished one... yes it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which spawn and using what template?

11. <blockquote><hr>

Yep, very possible, for some anyways. Depends greatly on what char you use (i suggest Necro/Mage or Dexer), and your equipment. Obviously also the spawn type has a huge impact, from easiest to hardest I would say... Rats, Dragon, Spiders, Demon, Oaks, Undead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're trying to do it on a red!!!! God save my red from being at an Oaks spawn alone!

<blockquote><hr>

The different champions also require special planning, while an Archer is probably the best choice for killing Baracoon, using that same char to kill Semidar might not be the best idea, especially if the char is male [​IMG], for her I suggest 2 (or more) xhealing female dexers.

[/ QUOTE ]

One can actually polymorph into 'human female' and get past this thing. As a male, my archer one-shotted himself straight into a grey-screen oOoOoO with a high-powered shot up that particular spawn boss' ass. I guess this would only apply to those chars that have some magery on the template, though.

12. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nah if you get, tome of lost knowledge, crystalline ring, and a + mage brac you should have no issues casting polymorph with a scroll (may take a few goes), it will then last until you die or recast it, with or without the +mage stuff on.

The above method works very well, did it with a guildie not to long ago, we both have male dexers, it worked well.

13. I tryed a Mage/necro Peacer on test and got barracon up but i didnt got a reapond slayer spell book so i couldent kill him totaly

i used this temp
    120 peace
    120 music
    120 mage
    120 evalint
    120 necro
    120 SS

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeh I wouldn't suggest using a necro/mage to solo kill a Baracoon these days, will take to long. Go with a high damage archer with bushido and a repond/vermin slayer for killing him.

Try this template:

Archer 120
    Bushido 100
    Tactics 120
    Heal 90
    Anat 90
    Swords 120
    Chiv 60

The swords means you can defend from the rats Bara summons on you and also do the first 4 levels of spawn with a soul seeker. Makes this char a complete spawn killer. You will want a nice all 70's suit with high LMC and max (if possible) HCI/DCI etc. Use orange petals on level 3 of the spawn, they help alot.

15. i think its pretty doable whit a necro mage but and my brother also play so he will make a archer so we both stand shoting at him

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I can solo a rat spawn (Despise being the easiest because you dont get cratures up on ledges and whatnot) on a LJ dexer using a Blaze of Death for level 1 and 2, the switching to a Soulseeker for level 3 and 4, and a good stam leech/mana leech axe with last wep as the Soulseeker for when side spawn happens, and vermin slayer for Barracoon. THe only thing is, it is WAY easier to do if I have a 2nd person (protector!) healing me on Barracoon and/or someone to discord Barracoon.

It can also be done on a necro/peacer - tho the killing of the champ (whichever one) is painfully slow.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Did it in Ilsh for the hell of it (And for Chocolate Ingredients from Paragons) about 2 weeks ago on my Necro/Swordsman. Soulstoned off his GM Focus and put GM Bushido on him for it. Used Soul Seeker/Blaze of Death with Vermin Slayer Talisman, and the occasional Wither, i was in Wraith Form with Curse Weapon always active.
    Even got some Screenshots of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Rat spawn with a necromage. I have soloed those myself many times.

19. Fatbobby1

Fatbobby1 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, i'm pretty confident that I can solo the rat spawn, even though Baracoon would take a while to kill. I was mainly wondering about the demon, dragon and spider spawns in T2A. The undead spawn looks tough and I've heard that Oaks is pretty much guaranteed to get raided.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Dragon is a bit of a pain now, a discorder and archer is definitely desireable, mage is a very poor choice for Riktor.

Spider - again, not too bad at all, and I still feel a Dexer is the best choice there, accessory healers are always nice.

Undead ... a peace necro mage is prob the easiest way to go there, and with an undead slayer book should not take TOO terribly long to kill the champ.

Demon - again a peace necro mage is probably the best choice.

Oaks, can be done either with a dexer + healer or necro, tho killing Oaks on a mage is time consuming ...

21. Jahira-Tor

Jahira-Tor Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can solo rats on my tamer. Just cast lots of EV and EQ for the first few lvls, then summon my pet on the champ. I keep poison fields on me to distract the little buggers it casts onto me. and Vwalla... done. [​IMG]

Only downside is i cant defend myself what-so-ever if raided.

22. anything is doable if you put your mind to it
    can solo rats in 25 minutes and imps in 35 :/

23. park uber dragon there come back in 30 min when spawn is done

24. Fatbobby1

Fatbobby1 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

anything is doable if you put your mind to it
    can solo rats in 25 minutes and imps in 35 :/

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you give a more detailed explanation as to you pull this off? Do you use the aforementioned techniques for rats (necromage)? How do you do the demon spawn?

25. <blockquote><hr>

park uber dragon there come back in 30 min when spawn is done

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you didn't mean "when the dragon goes wild?"

Obviously you're talking out your bum...

26. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation on this please?

27. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation on this please?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no clue what you are talking about.

And that's the nice, clean version.

28. Good for a moment there almost sounded like someone was getting trashed and his opinion wasnt worth anything...

thank you for the translation... I'm glad I was wrong.

Alot is lost in translation. Sorry for bugging you.

29. If you leave a new dragon unattended it will go wild. Unattended pets go wild pretty fast and even greater dragons will not work a whole spawn alone.

It sounds to me like you just thought "hmm... I don't like greater dragons... I'll say that you can unattend a champ spawn with one". The problem is that what you're suggesting isn't even plausable. In other words, you're talking out your bum.

30. <blockquote><hr>

If you leave a new dragon unattended it will go wild. Unattended pets go wild pretty fast and even greater dragons will not work a whole spawn alone.

It sounds to me like you just thought "hmm... I don't like greater dragons... I'll say that you can unattend a champ spawn with one". The problem is that what you're suggesting isn't even plausable. In other words, you're talking out your bum.

[/ QUOTE ]

k that was a joke. BUT i do know people that will tame a kirin or 2 and drop them off at the spawn to bumb it a level or two unattended

31. i dont kiss and tell [​IMG]