1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Treasure Hunting] Is it possible to use EC to find map without mining?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Pirate Roberts, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

I used to be able to do it, toggling alpha and zoom mode. Tried it today and the map wouldn't zoom, and alpha wouldn't work on the map either. Help!

2. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You will need Pinco's UI to zoom the t-map. Otherwise it just won't zoom. :(
    I have never used alpha, so I don't know if the new version of the Pinco UI has that option.

3. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I do not have any mining and I usually find the spot within the first minute. I enlarge the map using Pinco's UI and then I use cartographer to compare by zooming into a similar size. I compare the landmarks as close to the center of the X as possible to cartographer and then start digging. I have a macro set to a hot key to dig so it is relatively simple and painless. Every once in a while I just cannot find a spot and I let it sit until it resets and then I try it again.

Njjj likes this.
  4. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Size the radar to the same size window as the T map. Place the radar over the T map off to the side. Hit hot key for radar to turn it on and off. Loads of T maps X are centered on the T map. Remember to tilt the radar to match the map. Little practice and should always be on spot or few steps off. I spiral around the start point. I have 60ish mining being I have the points room for that much.

Njjj likes this.