1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is it safe to keep gold in wall safe?

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by kitiara-atlantic, Oct 15, 2015.

1. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's "safe" to keep amounts of gold in a wall safe (assuming the wall safe is set with proper security). This seems like the easiest way to allow 2 accounts to access the gold - but in the past, I always felt that my gold was more safe in the bank than in my house.

Thoughts? Are the wall safes intended to be used for gold storage?

Thanks!

2. Katrena

Katrena Sage

The wall safe is great if you have a guild or multiple accounts. Your also limited to how much gold you can place in the wall safe. If you only have one account, then all character's have the same access to the bank gold.

kitiara-atlantic likes this.
  3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

You can place more than one wall safe, different secures on each, so one for trading between your accounts, one for trading with friends, one for trading with guild. It do have a log of who added/removed gold.

kitiara-atlantic likes this.
  4. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master

Thanks all!! I'm liking this new system more and more :)

5. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

It would be cool if they could be lockpicked though. :grin:

Add powerscrolls for lockpicking, make some enhanced lockpicks available through treasure map chest loot and let a Legendary Lockpicker be able to pick the wall safes.

The reward for a successful pick should be a small amount of gold (500-1500gp) and/or a random decorative artifact e.g. silver ingots, a cursed monkey paw, a painting... etc.

A wall safe can only be picked one time/week and you can't pick your own safes or safes in houses where you are co-owner or friend. :smile2:

#5 Piotr, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    MalagAste and Dot_Warner like this.