1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Is it worth making a thief on Siege?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Antmf712, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Antmf712

Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi guys, I just started playing on the prod. shards after a long time away and really enjoying myself. I want to make a thief and was wondering how it is being a thief on Siege? Is it hard because everyone is very prepared and everyone knows everyone so to speak and when they see you they run away from you so you can not snoop and or steal? Please let me know. Thanks...

2. Larry Lee

Larry Lee Adventurer

3. Antmf712

Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oh by the way I have never played on Siege hence the reason why I am asking as well. :)

4. Lai Tash

Lai Tash Adventurer

I've got some good news for ye, no one seem to care about thiefs. At least i don't. So if you happen to see me in game (a girl wearing the green kimono, can't miss), don't hesitate.

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I believe it depend of the way, you want to play your thief. We love RP thieves but not sure you will make a lot money from being a thief on Siege, people do not run around with a lot of goodies in their backpack as death comes easy here.

What do you mean, when you say "Is it worth making a thief on Siege?", do you mean worth in money from selling stolen stuff or worth in fun?

You also ask "Is it hard because everyone is very prepared and everyone knows everyone so to speak and when they see you they run away from you so you can not snoop and or steal?"
    You can stealth and snoop, hard to run away from a hidden guy, you don't know are there :)
    And yes we all know each others, special with the general chat we have now so you will end up as a part of the community. I will say, try it :)

startle likes this.
  7. Antmf712

Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So you can snoop while stealthed? I thought when you snoop you get revealed?

8. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I believe you can on Siege, but I may be wrong. There are a few rules, that is different on Siege. I believe you first get revealed when you fail stealing, at least that's when I first thief the thief or when I get the message, that something was stolen from me.

9. FrejaSP

Found it in the http://uothief.com/faq.html

When I walk up to a person in Felucca and open their paperdoll and then double click their backpack, snooping is triggered (by the actual action of attempting to open their backpack). It is also triggered if I attempt to open any sub-containers (example: pouches within the backpack, etc.). You must be standing on a tile directly next to your target to snoop them. Note also that a successful snoop will allow you to remain hidden, while a failed snoop will display a message for all to see ("You notice (name) peeking into your belongings!") and reveal you if you are hidden. At GM snooping you will never fail (and thus never be noticed or revealed, which is also why there is no such thing as a snooping powerscroll

10. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is ALWAYS worth it to be a thief anywhere, if, indeed, you are a TRUE thief

11. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ducky has probably aquired the largest collection of scissors on the shard, a truly priceless collection!

Blaeke likes this.
  12. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

ABSOLUTELY NOT...THERE ARE NO THIEVES ON SIEGE !

Blaeke and Victim of Siege like this.
  13. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

If you enjoy the playstyle it's certainly worth it. If you are only in it to make a quick buck there are probably a lot of faster ways. People are not prepared and do incredibly stupid things all the time. But you have to have the patience to go through a day here and there without finding anything great. They will run when they see you, so stealth is a must. Gone are the days when you can openly walk around a bank without people noticing.
    One thing worth noting is that you might be hated and people will try to discredit you both in and outside of the game. (Or maybe that's just me.) :D

Blaeke likes this.
  14. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie

My advice make a thief your ALT and don't let anyone know that it is you. Learn all of the theif tricks IE the snowball tactic. Getting rich being a thief depends on luck and placing yourself in the right place at the right time. People will come to hate you if you are good and lucky. You after all will be lifting their 18-20 mil 120 mages and mystics and rather than blaming themselves for being foolish will blame you for taking advantage of their foolishness. Finding AFK folks is my thiefs specialty amazing what people will sit in the bank hidden in the bank with in their packs. Tracking and detect hidden are your friend :) Bringing wrestling up and using disarm is also a reat tool.... More so if their uber weapon is not siege blessed and you can jack it as well. The best thief is the one that no one knows. But as so often stated......... "There are no thieves on Siege"

15. Pignasty

Pignasty Journeyman
    Barter Town

But... but..... There are no thieves on Siege!

16. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

thieves come out of the woodwork every event and for champs

17. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thieves are the best on siege. No trammel, meaning bank sitter thieving. Also faction sigils...