1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is Legends a dead shard?

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by Riverhorse, May 28, 2012.

1. Riverhorse

Riverhorse Guest

Is Legends a dead shard? I surely hope not. But since I have returned to UO (after 3 years away) I have seen few people snd fewer houses outside Luna. What happened and how do we
    attract more people to the shard?
    One possible way I think would be to relax the housing rules. Allow people to place a second
    house on a different shard (could even institue a list of under- populated shards for placement).
    Anyone have any other ideas?

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't consider it dead, but you have to hang out a bit and make the friends. There's almost always someone on if you know them and where to meet up with them,. If you're into PvP, both our pvp'ers can be found in general chat ;) PvM should be no problem to find.
    If you're not happy with the size of th shard, I would suggest trying Atlantic or one of the more populated shards. But for me, I prefer the more laid back atmosphere and all that the smaller shard has to offer.

BeaIank, ShadowTrauma and Lady Arwen like this.
  3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

and if you're looking for company in General Chat there's a lot of folks that simply won't communicate in there

the housing idea is brought up regularly on UHall, and I don't ever recall a developer answering with even a 'maybe'.... probably would lose too much transfer token revenue

one thing that you will find here is people willing to help if they're able... as a returning player you've found that your old stuff probably isn't working too well, and lots of folks here will hook you up with better equipment and that's something that would get a positive reply in General Chat ;)

4. kulder

kulder Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

We have two PVP'rs now when did that happen?

5. ShadowTrauma

ShadowTrauma Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The 2 pvper comment made me smile. In all honesty however Uriah and Dev are correct, the players here are very kind ( just ignore the pvp chat bandits at times). On the pvp front I can say its been better recently than I can remember in awhile. We have the OF, VIP, VFW crew vs LGC, when the moons align just right LD shows up. I haven't seen Vyal or his boys in a bit, but sprinkle a little TaX guild onto the mix when they are in the mood and it can be fun. Wish it was more busy as well, but regardless welcome back from your break.

6. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Finally! Someone with my offbeat sense of humor!!!