1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is LJ still linked with Swordmanship for damage?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mitzlplik_SP, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

or is that a thing of the past?

I`m starting a new toon on siege and kickin around my first toon options.Got 2 accounts.I won`t bother with LJ if I need swords or something,sorry if I`m way outa date but I did quit for 5 years right around AoS,new account just hit 12 months w00t!

Thanks

2. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

If so, it only applies to axes I believe.

3. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Err yea thats what I meant,ma bad. I would be wanting to roll a jacker for dual purpose,could help supply my crafter on my other account. I just don`t wanna hafta add a second fighting skill to make it useful.If I need Swords with LJ,maybe I`ll just roll a macer.I don`t see alot of them,on LS.What about them,do they still bang up the armor like they used to? I remember my rl buddy totally wreckin my suit one time in no time flat,he laughed..I swore,rofl.

4. PixelPusher

PixelPusher Guest

Ah the fun times as a macer before AoS. I loved my macer, but my guildmates hated sparing with me for some reason... :hahaha:
    Not sure, but I don't think it wrecks armor anymore like it used to... :sad4:

5. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrrr, me lumberjack gots a UBWS spell-channelin' axe. ;)

6. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

My favorite thing in the world to see in the bottom left of my screen was something along the lines of "The force of your attack breaks your opponent's sandals." Usually, they were blessed blacks. :)

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That reminds me, I loved the war axe since it's the only axe that uses macing instead of swords, is one handed, and has pretty good dps. If I am correct, the damge increase also applies to war axes.

8. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

No just swords based axes, not the war axe.

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, I stand corrected :)

10. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, it still works, and despite what many think, it is still a very significant boost, and the Damage Increase comes before the DI cap, like Tactics and Anatomy.

11. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Easiest thing to do is go to the test shard with a buddy to test on, and see what type of axes and combination of LJ + skills is the best for your type of play. You may or may not find something you like...never know, you might find the next gimp PVP template and everyone will be making stealth lumberjacking ninjas.

12. :bowdown: :D

13. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It WAS 35% ... but was dropped to 15% bonus... making it useless.. last I checked... those sites are out dated...

(as far as a patch last year)

14. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It is NOT useless, I assure you. I have an LJer, and the damage output is insane .... and yes, I played her with an axe before without LJ, so I am sure of the difference.