1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is luck still useful?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Wolf, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Old Wolf

Old Wolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hey all,

Been away from the game for a while, and was working on equipment. I've noticed in most of the posts I've seen regarding advice for equipment, no one ever factors in luck. Are folks just not using luck any more? If luck is still useful, where is it typically used and not used?

Thanks!

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, but only in the revamped dungeons, Wrong, Covetous, and Shame. They were all recently reworked to drop more relevant gear, and luck was factored in.

Any of those are a good place to hunt if you are looking for gear. :)

3. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LOL.

I think the title should read "HAS LUCK EVER BEEN USEFUL"

From my experience, thr RNG is far, far, far more important than luck...well, I guess that means RL luck is useful. :)

4. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Luck is Broken and has been for YEARS, looks like around 1100 is the key number at the moment.

5. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

^this.

Actually many have said that it's better to farm the revamped dungeons with no luck. Or has that changed?

My approach is if I have some room in my suit for some luck, sure throw some on there. Sure, hit up the anniversary sculpture before heading to the dungeons. But don't make big sacrifices for luck.

6. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The only template that can really afford to run around in a Luck Suit, are Tamers, since their pet tanks for them.
    My Tamer/Mage runs around with 2,330 Luck, and he still has 100% LRC/40% LMC/8 MR, 2 FC/6 FCR and close to all 70's Resists. He pulls a crapton of Relic Frag loot from Covetous.

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, but it is buggy as hell and will never be fixed. ("Challenge Accpeted" dev team?)