1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Swordsmanship] Is My Math Correct?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Taylor, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Finally getting around to properly arming and outfitting my sampire. Ornate axes are popular, but I want to make sure my math is right.

180 stam = 6 ticks = -1.50 swing speed
    150 stam = 5 ticks = -1.25 swing speed
    Ornate axe = 3.5 swing speed
    3.5 - 30% = 3.5 - 1.05 = 2.5

Therefore, if I have 30% ssi on my ornates, I need 150 stam to swing at full speed. Is this correct?

Also, I noticed Lynk is using hatchets and AI. With 180 stamina, a hatchet can swing at full speed without ssi, which would free up another imbuing slot. Are hatchets only worth it if you have lumberjacking to boost the damage?

Building a set of weapons, assuming the calculations above are correct. Ornate would be: slayer, 40 di, 30 ssi, 44 hml, 40 hsl. Hatchet would be: slayer, 40 di, 44+ hml, 40+ hsl, ______ (hit spell, hci...something).

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think you need 180 stam and 40 ssi to swing ornate at cap. I use ranger cloak and 5 ssi ring with my axes.

I do not use SSI on my hatchets so I can get higher mana leech.

If you don't have LJ, I wouldn't use a hatchet I would use a leaf blade.

3. Taylor

Hmm, ok. Something is wrong with my math then. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Leaf blade looks good--feint and AI are awesome--but I'd like to figure out the stam/ssi requirements to swing at cap.

4. Taylor

Nm, I see what went wrong. I calculated ssi before stamina, but it should have been the other way around. Thus:

Ornate Speed = 3.5
    180 Stam = -1.5

(3.5-1.5) - 40% = 1.25 (rounded to highest quarter)

This means that, with 180 stamina, I can swing a leaf blade or hatchet at speed cap without ssi. It also means that the 5% ssi from ranger's cloak won't benefit me, so I might as well stick with quiver of infinity.

It also means that I could drop M&S for Spirit of the Totem. My weapons could all be

Leaf Blade
    40 di
    50 hml
    50 hsl
    30 hld

Or rather, I could if not for the resists of fey legs, totem, and gladiator's collar. :(

5. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Isn't a Leaf Blade a fencing weapon?

I would keep the M&S and add 30 HLA to your weapon. I have found that with 30 HLA, 30 HLD, 45 HCI, and 45 DCI I could drop parry and still hit like crazy and take minimal damage.

6. Taylor

I think I'm going to have to keep the M&S, both for the dexterity and the resists. Besides, it looks like the only way I can reach 180 stamina is with an imbued/runic gorget, so I'll lose the nice gladiator collar resists. HLA sounds like it might be the right way to go, though--thanks for the tip!

Aye, leaf blade is fencing. Fortunately, I have all three weapon skills soulstoned. ^^

7. JJMcClure

JJMcClure Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Man I really need to get me a few more stones! Would be nice to switch weapon skills when every the boredom arouse.

8. To swing an Ornate at the cap you need 180 Stam & 35 SSI or 150 Stam & 55 SSI.

9. jojo_la

jojo_la Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

how would you get 55 SSI? I'm currently running the cloak, tinker legs & turquoise ring - 20 + 30 from the weapoin. Where does the other 5 come from?

10. There is a head piece with 10, a brace with 5, legs with 10, ring with 5, cloak with 5, divine fury is 10, assassin armor with *I think* 5 per piece or 20 for the set.

11. jojo_la

jojo_la Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

ahhh daimyo's helm and I completely forgot about the assassin set. Thanks Lord.