1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Is poisoning really that slow?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by WarderDragon, Jul 23, 2009.

1. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

I've just begun training my first poisoner. I started him out at 50.0 poisoning, and set him up with a couple normal poison kegs, a dagger, and some bottles.

After a little more than an hour and two full kegs, I had only gained 2.8 skill. I'm either doing something totally wrong, or this is going to be really slow.

So the newbie must ask, is there a faster way? What am I doing wrong?

2. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

Poisoning is target based, so while you can poison the same dagger over and over again changing up the object you poison will get gains faster. You can poison food also for gains gl

3. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This is one reason that poisoners would like to see a little icing added for all their efforts.

5. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

I'll see if I can get the Poisoning Essay to reference the thread about gaining poisoning thru infectious strike.

If anyone trys that method, I'm curious to know if you can get all the way to GM from using the special move. Also, if you just use this method for gaining poisoning, I'd like to know your usage and time it took. Just shoot me a PM.

I've always trained my guys using the traditional methods.

Q

6. Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun Guest

i dont really remember how long it took but it wasnt long ant did take me to GM in no problem i got a lot of mana reg an went to despise killing ettins with infectious strike

7. Sho Hashi

Sho Hashi Guest

I used infectious strike to go from 0 to 25 at the sleeping dragon spawn on lizards and kappas, but then I stopped getting gains after 25. Serpent arrow seems to give me gains for anything I hit. Is infectious strike difficulty based?

8. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure where you are at, but here on Siege, you will gain easily and non-stop to around 25- then your training begins in earnest. This is true for any skill. Now, you grind begins.

9. Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun Guest

i gain fast from 25 i just used the lesser poison kegs an poison a alot of daggers an go to despise a kill ettin an eath eles i went 60 using lesser posion with infection stike