1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Resist Spells] Is resist worth it?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Nijecka, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Nijecka

Nijecka Guest

I am typical necromage template with inscription instead of resist. Is having 120 resist all that helpful balanced against losing the 10% SDI from inscription? Thoughts?

2. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

PvP Or not?

I wouldnt recommend running a caster template in PvP without magic resist.

Spiritless likes this.
  3. Nijecka

Nijecka Guest

I'm talking PvM/PvE. I'm trying to figure out a way to have better survivability against some of these champ spawns. I can solo Baracoon, but I get tons of trouble from any type of mages, even with all 70 resists on my armor. I know resist spells doesn't mitigate damage, but there's got to be a way to have a little bit better survivability against mages. Any thoughts?

4. You use orange petals and trapped box?

IMO the 10% bonus from inscription is a giant waste in PvM. Better off adding SW to your char.

#4 Smokes To Much, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
  5. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Not much point to inscription in the PvM arena. (Dont much need resist either) You could just go magery/eval/mystic/focus/med/weaving all at 120 and you'd be pvm ready.

6. DankNuggets

DankNuggets Adventurer

I think any mage or mana heavy character without resist is a fail. It works.. i guess, but even mosters mana drain and mana vamp. If you have a weapon skill or alchemy or some form of non mana offense then it would be ok to me. But when you need mana to survive, do damage, cast utility spells, etc I think it's a dumb idea to go without resist spell.

I play low meditation characters tho.. perhaps thats why I feel this way.