1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Is someone pulling my leg?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Demon Killer, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Demon Killer

Demon Killer Guest

Ok i am helping to kill Melissa and some guy tells me we can get a crimson from her i am skeptical of this but i hope its true i always wanted one. another player later on tells me its just a rumor that she doesn't give crimsons. then another few players tells me that she gives them again so i am a bit confused with all this. one player tells me she gives one crimson per day per shard and another player tells me they have gotten a crimson back to back from her. then another player tells me she don't give crimsons so you can see why i am a bit confused. i have a few questions which i will list so please if you know please answer thanks.
    1. Does Melissa really give crimsons?
    2. Does Melissa only give one crimson per day per shard?
    3. Any idea how many crimsons she gives per shard per day on average?
    4. Does luck help any with getting a crimson?
    5. Is the top attacker the only one who gets a crimson?
    6. If and when she gives a crimson is the crimson lootable by everyone from the start or just one lucky player at first?
  2. Vyal

Vyal Guest

Well I was down there a few days ago on legends, and after she had dropped I got killed before I could loot her, then I kept gettin rezz killed by demons.

Well after the corpse changed there was a crimmy on it and I didn't get to loot it :/

At least thats what I heard and everyone said.
  3. Kazar

Kazar Guest

Yes she does give crimsons. As to how many a day I have no idea but I do know that there were 2 people thursday night that got 1 each. And I do think luck helps but not for sure.
  4. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

May 28, 2008
    Melissa does drop crimsons. I got one several days ago in my loot. I don't think luck had anything to do with it, as my luck at the time was zero. I doubt I was the top damager, either. I get the impression that more than one drops per day, but since I have only gotten one, I can't say for sure. =)
  5. Demon Killer

Demon Killer Guest

If that is the case sounds like you may have been the player who would have got the crimson if you got to loot it before the corpse changed so sorry that happened man i feel for you.
  6. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    It appears that she act exactly like other peerless bosses

as long as you get looting tright you have a chance at crimmy luck is irrevelent as fas as i can tell

and so is which damager oyu are
  7. Lore Master

Lore Master Guest

Now i know why at times there is one greedy guild who refuses to resurect anyone who is not in there guild until after the corpse changes on my shard its very upsetting when that happens. fortunately there are usually decent players who will resurect you there right away too.
  8. timbeOFbaja

timbeOFbaja Guest

Pick up all the gold and crap people leave on the ground down there and in a couple days you'll be able to afford to pay for a CC. :)
  9. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

May 12, 2008

A few days ago I got a CC from her. An hour earlier or so another player said he got one....
  10. mmmbeer

mmmbeer Guest

ive gotten 2 from M in 2 weeks so id say yes she does drop them
  11. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Someone on chessy said they got one and then a friend of theirs got one right after they did.

I'm still hoping I get one. :D
  12. RoycroftLS

RoycroftLS Guest

From what I have seen and others seem to confirm, Melissa drops loot like any other peerless boss, which includes the chance of a crimson. So to answer your questions:

1. Yes, but like any other peerless the chance of one appearing is quite low.
    2. No, it might seem like that from the low drop rate though.
    3. Depends on the "random" number generator the game uses. I'd venture a guess that most days it is between one and four per shard.
    4. If there is a crimson on the corpse, it is randomly given to one person who got looting rights. Luck doesn't affect your chance of it being distributed to you. Not sure if the luck of the top attacker affects the overall chance of a crimson dropping though.
    5. No, see #4
    6. It is randomly given to one person's instanced corpse, so only that person can loot it for the 3 minutes before all the instanced corpses merge. After that, it's fair game.
  13. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Dec 18, 2004
    I got one off her in my loot and my luck is horrible!
    Keep trying.
  14. SeaCaptain

SeaCaptain Guest

I have had the same luck as you. But like others have stated she does drop the crimmy. And darn it some day I will get one too.
  15. PoCove

PoCove Guest

I have not got one personally .. But I was there when someone did ..
  16. Eslake

Eslake Guest

Melissa drops crimsons.
    There is no limit.

I have been hunting with a guy who got 4 in the last 48 hours from her.

Yes, I am going to kill him! ;)
  17. Does Melissa really give crimsons?

As a recipient of one from her, I can say for a fact, Yes.

Does Melissa only give one crimson per day per shard?

That is a myth. Drops are based on the RNG and RL luck.

Any idea how many crimsons she gives per shard per day on average?

I don't think you could average this.

Does luck help any with getting a crimson?

As much as Luck helps with anything in UO.

Is the top attacker the only one who gets a crimson?

No. The drop is random.

If and when she gives a crimson is the crimson lootable by everyone from the start or just one lucky player at first?

Just the player that got the drop. It's in the instanced corpse. I've found that a lot of people don't bother looting Melissa prior to recalling out, so there is the possibility that it could end up on the public corpse.
  18. Zofinur

Zofinur Guest

From the UOForums California Town hall recording and transcript:

• Crimsons drop on Melissa's body, not to backpack
    • Crimson drop rate on Melissa: unknown on drop rate
    • Rare armor pieces, ingredients and crimsons as well as VERY high end random loot from Melissa look for info on Five on Friday

Sounds like she does give Crimson...
  19. UncleSham

UncleSham Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 26, 2004
    yes i got one . one day i was in there killing stuff with a friend . he had a superdragon i had a lesser pet . so i know i wasnt the top damager , but i got the cc.

im sure its based off the random number generator like other peerless so an average per day would not be something you could calculate .

whether luck affects artifact drops is a subjest for considerable debate , but the idea i get is yes it affects the chance of a drop IF the top damager wears the luck.

however i was specificly not using my super so my friend would be the top damager (just us 2 that time) and i was the one getting the arties . that night was exceptional in fact i got multiple arties ... he got squat .

so .... the random number generator is f'ed up ? yeah , but we knew that.

thats how its spose to work tho

edit = artifact drops are based off such a small percentage that real luck plays a huge roal ... i think luck helps overall (try doing legacy dungon drops with and without it) but if your looking for something specific dont hold your breath .