1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

is stealing worth it

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by frostbolt, Mar 23, 2009.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
    i mean i went on the test server to make a thief and i went into doom to see if theres anything to steal and there was like absolutely nothing in all the spawn spots, cept for the candles on the table. and the test server is probably not even as populated as the live servers.

is it even worth making a thief when most good things take like half a year to respawn.

oh and is there such a thing as a 120 hiding power scroll
    and is 75 stealth enough for 100% success, i keep reading that its either 80or 75 when i look it up with the search function
  2. Robthemilt

Robthemilt Guest

PvM and dungeon stealing can be fun even though you rarely get anything really worth anything. Its kind of like when people collect rocks. There isnt really a great point to it but for those that do it, its fun. Personally i'll go for rounds when im really bored in fel, and i've walked out with most of the doom and tokuno stuff now. I think all im missing is the goat, and the level 10 stuff (my inquis came from a person). If you go for PVM/dungeon stealing, you cant go and expect to make 2 mil a week. But it is fun, and when you do find that rare item, it really will be rare. So the reward is just as good as anything else.
  3. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Stealing is worth it, you can make good money from powerscrolls and SOT's.

Dungeon looting isnt worth it, the majority of the big items(titans hammer,inquis and tattered wall painting) are all script stolen by people who know exact times of spawns.

So if you play a thief it worth it and the most exciting, skillful and fulfilling career. If you play a Dungeon looter you might as well make a tamer.
  4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    Go to fel, and try stealing from a player. See if they chase you, if not...you've gotten free loot. If they do chase you, you've received free fun...la
  5. Robthemilt

Robthemilt Guest

the people scripting the ruined paintings are getting lazy, OR theres no real way to know exactly when its going to spawn. I've known the people to take 2 of them in the last 8 months. 2 different shards.
  6. If your goal is to steal things then the stealing skill is very much worth it :)
    Casting flamestrike on those Inqys just doesnt have the same effect or enjoyment.

To answer your other qustions....
    80 is enough stealth for 100% if wearing medable armor/naked.
    No there isnt a 120 hiding scroll. 100 is max points in the skill.