1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

is the luck jewel set worth buying?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by frostbolt, Mar 7, 2010.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

should i buy the novo bleue ring bracelet set for 14 mil or save that gold for something like inquisitor gloves?

2. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

What a strange question. Whats your temp, whats your suit. What you aiming to do?

3. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Absolutely if you are going to be hunting with luck. Not only can you get an additional 100 luck, you also get 2/6 casting and other bonuses.

4. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

either im going to use it for my tamers luck suit or im gona wait for an inquisitors to show up on my shard so that i can get 2/6 casting on my caster so that i can drop scrappers and use slayer books.

i dont have enough gold for both so im trying to figure out which one would be better in the long run

5. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

COmpletely not worth it.

First - luck is hosed and not working correctly per the dev team.

Second - What do you hope to get via hunting to make luck worth it? Best stuff is pretty much imbued.

Take 14 mil and go out and buy tons of uber gear BETTER than what you could get from hunting and never look back.

6. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

soo i should save it for inquisitor?

7. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

No, no point using them for pvm. Very easy to get imbued jewels now with 6/2 casting and other thing you want for much less than you'd spend on inquis.

8. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Really wish people would stop completely misquoting what was said.

It wasn't the dev team, it was Draconi and no one has said anything since. And this is what he said:

This is from:
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=179112&highlight=luck

The important part of that statement is this:
    So random weapons/armor/jewelry mods from monster drops are still going to miss the luck factor in some ways.

It's not all, not even most, it's a very generic statement saying RANDOM mods from monsters drops are going to miss the luck factor. It doesn't say all, it doesn't say it doesn't work at all, what is says is what I quoted.

Draconi said that in his farewell thread and no one from the current dev team has stepped up and elaborated more on it.

9. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So since the entire development team reported to Draconi - isn't that the dev team saying it is broken?

Irregardless - what do you hope to get from loot that is worth 14 million? Name it. I'll bet you can imbue it for less gold.

14 mil is a waste of cash.

10. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

1. Draconi said that in his farewell post, as in, he wasn't on the dev team at that time.

2. If I was going to buy one (I already have 3 sets) it would be for a future/long term investment. And if the gold is there, why not?

3. Irreguardless--- Since the prefix ir means not, are you saying that it is not reguardless or what?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=irregardless

11. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Luck still plays a HUGE factor in hunting. The more you have the better. Doesn't matter if its nto working properly. It still works...just do a few Mels without and a few with...you'll see the difference big time.

I say get all the max luck items. can't go wrong. Then when they fix it, those jewels will be worth twice as much.

12. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I would think this way:

Ring and bracelet set don't spawn anymore. Has FC as well. Required for maxed out luck suits and the luck they give cannot be achieved by other jewels. Luck isn't capped.

Inquis still spawns. Tends to be a lot more expensive, but aren't really that good except for the fcr3.